Body Armour

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Been kicking the idea of getting some body armour. And after my last trip to Vale & hitting a stink hole. Slammed my chest into the bars & hit hard enough to crack both side of my steering support. I'm stilling hurting a week later.
Cant sleep or lay on my side cause my chest & one arm hurt so bad. Enough Whinning!!

I want something that can fit under my coats now so I dont have to go buy all new gear just to fit a vest. Any input on what is out there for protection?
What fits best? Cost? Sizes?

I'm 6' & 230lbs 46"-48" chest.

Thanks for any help.

Used or sale items would be great to!!

Blecter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like my TekVest. I've got the SX Pro Lite. Bought it a few years ago when I was a bit bigger, so I got a Large. These days I wear everything medium and it fits under my Medium Ski Doo brand jacket without a problem. I find it very comfortable when riding, and it keeps in a good amount of heat. It also adds some good back support, and if you wear a backpack it distributes the weight much better than not wearing the vest. I've had a few impacts with it on and never been hurt thus far (hit my chest on my bars/hood many times. My vest has a mark in it from hitting the hood hard, but I barely even felt it). I'll always ride with it.

I think I paid around $270 for mine, however that was with a group buy discount through Go Big Parts in the States. Just found mine on Go Big Parts and it retails for $327.99 US right now. Not sure what other places are selling them for (either in Canada or the States).

TekVest Competition Pro-Lite SX :: TekVest :: Snowmobile Products :: Go Big Parts and Accessories, LLC

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow pulse makes a nice vest / Aby pack goes on the out side was nice and priced reasonable tried on out and liked it they have em at mm in Edmonton 17804749400

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out sixsixone 661 I have the core saver I took off the elbows for easy movement works awesome great protection easy movement and light.. lots of different options under $250

a lot of peeps like the teckvest's too

I would like to try on that snowpulse vest/avy pack as well

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first one was from 661 they have many options, however i am 5'11" and i found that theirs did not cover the majority of my ribs and chest so i bought this one it is from fully adjustable for men and women...good luck in your search.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one from EVS I payed about 180 and it also has a kiddy belt built in. I wear it under my jacket and does not restrict my movement. I would go try some on and find the one that you like.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using a Thor impact rig for the last couple of years and would not ride with out it. It's like a mesh shirt with plastic armour attached to it, it fits under my jacket, has a removable spine gaurd and kidney belt. I'm pretty sure I paid less than $200 bucks for it at Riverside Yamaha.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the Tekvest, the 661 and now I am running the EVS G6 Ballistic Jersey. I originally started with the 661. It had the spine protection and the kidney belt attached. I found that the spine protectin was not needed when I was wearing a backpack and that the attached kidney belt rode up every time your jacket shifted. I did not mind the Tekvest, but there was no elbow and forearm protection and the shoulder protection seems a little sketchy. However, you wear a separate kidney belt and that kept the belt from riding up. I tried the EVS riding at Chris Burandt's and it was great. Lightweight and you don't notice the spine protection under the backpack. I can tell you I tried out the shoulder/arm/forearm protection multiple times each day I was down there - those trees came out of nowhere. You can get one with the integral kidney belt. I hated that one as it always was riding up.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
The hard part is finding them locally to try on. Everything is online and I dont want to dump money on something I cant try or see first.
Guess I'll make a list & a trip to the city.

cokecrazed007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.
The hard part is finding them locally to try on. Everything is online and I dont want to dump money on something I cant try or see first.
Guess I'll make a list & a trip to the city.

Where are you at?? Most motorcycle shops carry them for motocross. If your close to grande prairie, Winsor Motorsport carriers them.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread, since we've been chatting a lot about body armour in other threads.
What is every one wearing these days?
I wear a Fox Titan Jacket underneath my gear. I remove the articulating spine pad, because I think it's overkill with my Snowpule Highmark Vest over top. On the bottoms I wear a Dainese (I bought it for my motorcycle, but ended up getting padded leathers so I use it for sledding mostly now) impact short with hip/thigh and tail bone protection. I wear the Fly Racing 5 Pivot Knee Guard for protection from my running boards.
2010-Fox-Racing-Titan-Sport-Jacket-Black.jpg

2013-Fly-Racing-5-Pivot-Knee-Guard-White-634836747366507785.jpg

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a klim tek vest for around home when doing stupid stuff and a snowpulse vest with armour in the mountains

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been wearing this gear for several years, riding ATV, motorbike so it seemed natural to wear snowmobiling.....

My daugther even wear's the 661 body armor when she's traing a new horse to jump.....

Attachments

• 661.JPG
    661.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 210
  • EVS.JPG
    EVS.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 204

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the same one. Works awesome. Still breathable and doesn't restrict my movement. Use it for mountain bike,dirtbike and sleddin.
Reviving this thread, since we've been chatting a lot about body armour in other threads.
What is every one wearing these days?
I wear a Fox Titan Jacket underneath my gear. I remove the articulating spine pad, because I think it's overkill with my Snowpule Highmark Vest over top. On the bottoms I wear a Dainese (I bought it for my motorcycle, but ended up getting padded leathers so I use it for sledding mostly now) impact short with hip/thigh and tail bone protection. I wear the Fly Racing 5 Pivot Knee Guard for protection from my running boards.
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/med.../2010-Fox-Racing-Titan-Sport-Jacket-Black.jpg
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/med...Pivot-Knee-Guard-White-634836747366507785.jpg

SKDeuce

Reaction score
x2 on the Thor Impact Rig! Wear it for dirtbike and sledding. Really comfortable and priced well.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Tek Vest Freestyle and the Crossover. I got the crossover later in the year and really like it. Because I wear a back pack I didn't need the extra armor for spine protection. The crossover and freestyle gives awesome all round protection and are adjustable. I wear it under my jacket or when it is warm I use it like a midlayer and simply wear a base layer and a jersey. I smoke my bars a lot. ( In my mind I think I have skills I have not yet acquired) and used to wear a Motocross style protector. The rigid plastic in the winter did a number on my bladder when I did a super trish into my bars. I find when I hit the bars or other interesting obstacles (sometimes my husband) with the tek vests on it is far less painful. (for me) One day I will fly....

I should also add that the Cross over has extra venting so you're less likely to sweat up a storm and get chilled when you're wearing technical wicking gear.

Last edited:

Twacked

Reaction score
Rode last season with the poc 2.0 it's made with a ballistic dough which is pliable but hardens on impact. Held up well, it's little spendy but it saved my azz a few times. It has also become my mid layer.

Top Bottom