Bobcat jerky hydraulics thoughts

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys and gals looking for some thoughts. I am borrowing a S205 bobcat from my neighbour for a job. Mid 2000's I believe 6400 hrs so its getting up there. In exchange I have been doing some repairs/maintenance on it. It seems to me that the bucket hydraulics can get very jerky and act to fast sometimes. Perhaps if you are trying to do something with finesse and feather something it just slams or moves way to fast. Also it becomes almost unmanageable when RPM's are high. Jerking and slamming around. Any thoughts on where to go with this?

Thanks

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lift or tilt functions or both?

Separate actuator for each function.

It’s a valve driven by a tiny little motor w/ an encoder for its position reference.

They are expensive and need to be calibrated after install. Apparently the machine may also require firmware upgrade for newer actuators?

When my was defective it would occasionally short out to ground, lock out the functions and throw a code. Then the machine needed to be shut off and restarted to get it to work again.

Maybe yours just needs to be recalibrated. I think There is also a way to adjust the sensitivity for different attachments a bit.

I had a company called Central Skid steer replace and calibrate mine, they were excellent. One of their Techs “Mike” lived in Spruce grove and offered mobile service and will come to you with his service rig.

Top Bottom