boating

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to brag but I do feel spoiled to live in this area. I kick myself in the a$$ as we could have bought a lot at Mabel Lake in 1994 for $15,000 two min walking distance from the lake. Now they are over $100,000 last time I checked. We actually just camped 2 weeks ago at Noisy Creek on Mabel. Beautiful location!

As for house boating, is that when you lost your virginity? :d:d:beer::beer:

My dream is to buy a lot at Mabel and buy a plane.....wife can spend all summer there with the kids and i could fly in every Friday around 10ish in the morning. Drive the golf cart down to the beach and jump in the boat for a board or cruze.......ahh dreamin'. Yes that is a gorgeous lake and not crowded like the Swaps.

Ahhh and houseboating......some stories are left best untold, lots of baby gravy floating around in that lake. Those were some of the best holidays with my bro's. The wife and I also had some good times:d although she tried 1 year preggo and hated it....understandable.

We have to hook up, hopefully next year we will back on track and driving West.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha...just thinkin......we did go back once after our daughter was born but decided to hotel and meet the houseboat each morning with our wakeboat....well anyway the girls would just wait for us to leave so they could take there tops off again:(:mad::rant:

Good times!!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dream is to buy a lot at Mabel and buy a plane.....wife can spend all summer there with the kids and i could fly in every Friday around 10ish in the morning. Drive the golf cart down to the beach and jump in the boat for a board or cruze.......ahh dreamin'. Yes that is a gorgeous lake and not crowded like the Swaps.

Ahhh and houseboating......some stories are left best untold, lots of baby gravy floating around in that lake. Those were some of the best holidays with my bro's. The wife and I also had some good times:d although she tried 1 year preggo and hated it....understandable.

We have to hook up, hopefully next year we will back on track and driving West.

hahaha. Wake up dream is over! :d:d But you are right Mabel Lake is beautiful. Cooler than Shuswap and more floaters on the water to watch out for :eek:

When you come this way let me know. If you need a place to store a boat I have space here in Armstrong (uncovered). :(

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love mabel lake and mara. Rented a cabin a couple of years ago at mabel and may be one of the best holidays I have had. Definately the lake is a little cooler than the others but is quiet and off the beaten path. Felt like we had the lake to ourselves at times. Wish I could actually find a good paying job in BC and would be there in a heart beat. Love hot summers and snow in the hills in the winter.

Just had our first born and have not even put the BU in the water yet. She just sits parked in the driveway beggin to be used.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love mabel lake and mara. Rented a cabin a couple of years ago at mabel and may be one of the best holidays I have had. Definately the lake is a little cooler than the others but is quiet and off the beaten path. Felt like we had the lake to ourselves at times. Wish I could actually find a good paying job in BC and would be there in a heart beat. Love hot summers and snow in the hills in the winter.Just had our first born and have not even put the BU in the water yet. She just sits parked in the driveway beggin to be used.

Amen brother i know exactly what your saying. Don't feel back my BU has spent more time parked in the garage than on the water this year.:(

Top Bottom