boating

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
taking the boat out today for a burn today for the first time this year. Supposed to be 27 C so keep out fingers crossed weatherman is right for once!:d

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
taking the boat out today for a burn today for the first time this year. Supposed to be 27 C so keep out fingers crossed weatherman is right for once!:d

Wish we could say the same.....seems all we're getting in this province this year is below average temps with friggin rain:realmad::mad: I understand we could use the rain GOD but how about over the course of summer and not in a weeks time.....:rant:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish we could say the same.....seems all we're getting in this province this year is below average temps with friggin rain:realmad::mad: I understand we could use the rain GOD but how about over the course of summer and not in a weeks time.....:rant:

dont get me wrong we have had our share of crappy weather as well this year. I dont remember such a rough spring before. Oh well heading to Greece on Wed for 3 week vacation so will get our fix of sunshine. Poor me:d:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
dont get me wrong we have had our share of crappy weather as well this year. I dont remember such a rough spring before. Oh well heading to Greece on Wed for 3 week vacation so will get our fix of sunshine. Poor me:d:d

That sounds awesome!! Would love to go there someday!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny that you should say that as I did take the camera and take a few. Will have to download some later tonight. But it was sure a nice day on the lake.

this post was at noon,, what happened to a day on the lake,,, did ya even get wet??

we need pics:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I will get the boat floating this weekend .................. only third time this year so far. :eek: :beer::d:beer:

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you guys need to move out this way to enjoy the nice warm lakes. Okanagan lake temp was 19 C already. Shuswap last year we recorded 28 C water temp in August. Like bathtub water :d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
you guys need to move out this way to enjoy the nice warm lakes. Okanagan lake temp was 19 C already. Shuswap last year we recorded 28 C water temp in August. Like bathtub water :d

We got to 76 degrees in Wabamun last year. Its right around 68 or so now. Not too bad.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I learn something every day. Did not realize it got that warm :beer:

Unfortunately when Alberta lakes get too warm they get green and slimy. 70 is perfect for our lake.

Best trip we've had was a houseboat rental in Shuswap with our boat in tow. Man those are some nice lakes!! Even caught a nice Salmon that trip. Did find that finding open shoreline for docking was a challenge though.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Love floating though .... this is Paul the fire fighters boat!! He likes to party as well lol.

Attachments

• P7240569.jpg
    P7240569.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately when Alberta lakes get too warm they get green and slimy. 70 is perfect for our lake.

Best trip we've had was a houseboat rental in Shuswap with our boat in tow. Man those are some nice lakes!! Even caught a nice Salmon that trip. Did find that finding open shoreline for docking was a challenge though.

we leased a spot on the Shuswap for 7 years but let it go this year. Too many things on the go. Spent countless hours on the lake and yes it is nice. We are only 25 min away so it is great As for parking, is that you in this picture??? We counted 142 in a row :d:d

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpg
    IMG_4599.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 141

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as promised some pictures on the Okanagan yesterday. The little guy is my grandson

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_0470.jpg
    DSC_0470.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0456.jpg
    DSC_0456.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 145

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Believe me if i could i would, we've been vacationing the Shuswap, Mabel, area lakes for 12-14+ years, this is the first year in all those years those we won't be visiting your beautiful province.:(

we leased a spot on the Shuswap for 7 years but let it go this year. Too many things on the go. Spent countless hours on the lake and yes it is nice. We are only 25 min away so it is great As for parking, is that you in this picture??? We counted 142 in a row :d:d

And houseboating.......oh boy the memories, pictures and certain stories that can be told about that:d:cool: Best fun ever with the right crew on the boat. I'm so jealous looking at these pics. This was taken last year over by scotch creek Canda Day week-end. This was also the earliest we've gone, usually try for last week of July first week of Aug.

Attachments

• 100_0961.jpg
    100_0961.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 141

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Believe me if i could i would, we've been vacationing the Shuswap, Mabel, area lakes for 12-14+ years, this is the first year in all those years those we won't be visiting your beautiful province.:(

And houseboating.......oh boy the memories, pictures and certain stories that can be told about that:d:cool: Best fun ever with the right crew on the boat. I'm so jealous looking at these pics. This was taken last year over by scotch creek Canda Day week-end. This was also the earliest we've gone, usually try for last week of July first week of Aug.

I hate to brag but I do feel spoiled to live in this area. I kick myself in the a$$ as we could have bought a lot at Mabel Lake in 1994 for $15,000 two min walking distance from the lake. Now they are over $100,000 last time I checked. We actually just camped 2 weeks ago at Noisy Creek on Mabel. Beautiful location!

As for house boating, is that when you lost your virginity? :d:d:beer::beer:

Top Bottom