Boat Stolen and Abandoned in Wabamun

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Well time to Sit and kick my own ass, lastnight i left my boat in the lake at Wabamun, as i have done most of the season last year, this evening i find her on the other side of Moonlight bay beached, ignition busted, life jackets gone, ski bar that was hidden in the bow gone, one cleat ripped out, unsure of motors running condition and canopy ripped to shreads....my poor baby, never again

i guess i have to learn the hard way.

Attachments

• SSPX0034.jpg
    SSPX0034.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 25

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Man...we leave our boat on a hoist not 500m from the main public pier in Moonlight Bay and have for 25 plus years without an incident. Yes the hoist is locked in the up position but a soft tarp is the only thing between the azzhats and our stereo, jackets etc. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. Bastages!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Man...we leave our boat on a hoist not 500m from the main public pier in Moonlight Bay and have for 25 plus years without an incident. Yes the hoist is locked in the up position but a soft tarp is the only thing between the azzhats and our stereo, jackets etc. Hopefully this is an isolated incident. Bastages!!!

I'm thinking stakeout, we put both of ours down there, sit back with a case of beer and observe....soon as one touches my boat all 4 tires on their vehicle get slashed and RC's get called. I'm still gonna leave mine there but not until the park opens next weekend

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking stakeout, we put both of ours down there, sit back with a case of beer and observe....soon as one touches my boat all 4 tires on their vehicle get slashed and rc's get called. I'm still gonna leave mine there but not until the park opens next weekend

more western justice required!!!!!!!!!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You leave your boat at a pubic dock at a pubic park?

Yes as do other regulars....it is a day-use park closed at 11pm and patroled by Parks Canada officers. I'm comfortable with it when the park is in operation...went down to get a jerry can off my boat @ midnight one night last year...less than 3 mins they were on me questioning what I was doing there. Problem is the park does not open until may long...so there is no one around.....Plio7 suspects the thieves came by boat and towed it to the oposite shore.

Jake

Reaction score
Doe sit cost anything to leave your boat there? Is there a limit how long you can leave your boat there?

Snowdoogie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking stakeout, we put both of ours down there, sit back with a case of beer and observe....soon as one touches my boat all 4 tires on their vehicle get slashed and RC's get called. I'm still gonna leave mine there but not until the park opens next weekend

I'f you want to catch them, baiting is allowed!
Leave a case of beer on the bow.
They will come.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok that is just bullshirt,,, anyone whos steals or borrows from me and gets caught would not be found in a desirable condition, im thinking many small razor blade cuts,:realmad: iodine, some salt,:realmad:little bit of bleach...:realmad: or battery acid...:realmad:

and im normally a real real real nice guy:d:beer: but stealing from me is like kicking my kid, slapping my wife, or scratching my 72 mustang, UNFORGETTABLE !!!!!!! and i have made it to forgive yet in my 12 step healing process with the my therapist.....

T.

did you every notice if you break it down its THE RAPIST.... just an observation... let me know if you need help with the stake out.....