Boat License

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone take the new improved Boat License....

We did it through Boat's Smart on line, thought I was doing so well got 100% on all the mini quizzes, then you jump over to Fed Gov web site and write the 50 question true or not quite true test.

We both passed but I only got a 80%...I wasn't happy with that....

I at least wanted to know which question I got wrong so I could learn the right or better answer...but know it's a secret as long so you get over 75%....

I'm guessing that the questions I got wrong were about which color and style of buoys used in rivers and oceans as there were several related questions, I don't think I'll need that knowledge for boating on Alberta lakes... but I still would like to know which ones I got wrong....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I passed after a dazen or so beers at docs place.... does this mean I can operate my boat after a dozen or so beers??????

We did it through Boat's Smart on line, thought I was doing so well got 100% on all the mini quizzes, then you jump over to Fed Gov web site and write the 50 question true or not quite true test.

I at least wanted to know which question I got wrong so I could learn the right or better answer...but know it's a secret as long so you get over 75%....

I'm guessing that the questions I got wrong were about which color and style of buoys used in rivers and oceans as there were several related questions, I don't think I'll need that knowledge for boating on Alberta lakes... but I still would like to know which ones I got wrong....

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I've passed it for myself and several others....usually with 80+ percent, but your right tons of chit on there you will never need to know in a lake or doing 60mph up the athabaska

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up on the Mackenzie River near Fort Providence they have a bunch of those marker bouys for the barges. was cool to find out what they meant after boating past them WFO for the last 15 years or so to the fishin hole....lol

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing buoys in the Thompson river years ago so yeh I thought it would be good to know as well, and I thought I did better then 80% when I was answering the questions....

That's it....I did get 99%(some room for improvement) but the government rigged the test to just to justify there new programs.....

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I did the old test it was pretty easy never opened a book done in 15 min got 1 wrong and I was sure I did click the right answer

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boat Smart online pre-test make you read a section and you have to take the allocated time before it lets you write the quizz and you cant go to the next section without taking the quizz....Then when you have completed all the quizzes it lets you open the actual test....the whole process took just shy of three hours.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
two tabs open at once made it easy, eh? :D

No I did it the sportsman show on their computers they told me the changes were coming so I thought I better do it now.......now I just Need a boat

Last edited:

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

These things are called Navagational Aids and the real tests that you would take on the West Coast make up to 50 percent of the exam :eek: But a licence is a licence, now you can take your boat to the ocean and catch some big fish. ;) :waterskiing:

Bruce

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
No I did it the sportsman show on their computers they told me the changes were coming so I thought I better do it now.......now I just Need a boat

You my friend must be looking for a boat salesman.... well let me show you what we have....:eek:

Top Bottom