Boat Check

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Traveling back from Lloydminster last night we drove past the Vermilion weigh scale at 7:15 PM and the boat check station was open.
I'm not a boater but I think that there is still ice on the lakes?
This may also be one of our governments job creation plans
Doesn't make sense to me

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have them down here in east kootenays and it's illegal if you have a boat to not stop

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Complete pain in the arse, sat in one last year on route back from Bc, meat head had a creeper, flashlight looking under boat, added an nearly an hour on the trip, next year planning route through Morley to miss the scales.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open at the bottom of kicking horse canyon last week. Lots of boat traffic heading west.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boat check might be a pain in the a$$ but it is necessary to avoid contaminating our lakes. Seen some nasty looking crap stuck onto a boat last summer out of SK at the Sicamous boat launch. Someone must have called on them as they were not allowed to launch.

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lakes in Ontario are awfully messed up from zebra muscles. I'm all for boat checks. Don't like it? Don't boat! It's a shame we need regulation to keep it from spreading but that stuff is nasty.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm all for boat checks. Don't like it? Don't boat! It's a shame we need regulation to keep it from spreading but that stuff is nasty

I agree. Happy to have my boat checked. The lake I live on is clear of that crap. I'd like it to stay that way.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lakes in Ontario are awfully messed up from zebra muscles. I'm all for boat checks. Don't like it? Don't boat! It's a shame we need regulation to keep it from spreading but that stuff is nasty.

I'm with you, I stop every time. Its just a part of boating and actually quite easy if you have the last checks paperwork and your boat is clean.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose a noble effort except for the gallon of water left in each of my 4 drained ballast tanks, the gallon in the block and headers, rolling underneath with a creeper to see that my drain plugs are out really will not find some lurking invasive species. Then again like all things this check stop is really designed to catch some dip chit that brings a boat out from far away and may catch the odd dummy... hey even a blind squirrel can find a nut once and a while.

Top Bottom