Bmp clutch vs Rk tek

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really need a clutch kit for my 08 800. Rk tek is pretty cheap and has a good reputation. I am curious about bmp though. Anyone run the stage 2 kit? Is the Rk tek really that good?

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
I have the Bmp kit on my M7, but both kits are pretty much the same idea as far as I know. They convert your secondary from a compression type spring to a torsional spring setup. Flip a coin lol. :cool: But if the sled has lots of miles you would be better off spending your money on rebuilding or replacing your clutches first but thats just my 2 cents.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really need a clutch kit for my 08 800. Rk tek is pretty cheap and has a good reputation. I am curious about bmp though. Anyone run the stage 2 kit? Is the Rk tek really that good?

The rk tek really is that good. What year and model sled do you have?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 crossfire 800 with 144 track and m8 gears. It has roughly 800 miles on it.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 crossfire 800 with 144 track and m8 gears. It has roughly 800 miles on it.

You would notice a huge difference with the rktek guaranteed. The rk tek's work best on the '08 and older m-series. They work awesome going forward on all years but sometimes the reverse can be a little finicky on the electronic reverse models. That being said i've sold lots that had no issue and just a couple that seem to have issue's at times in reverse only(it'll urry the belt in the sec clutch sometimes). But with yours having mechanical reverse that's not a worry.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would notice a huge difference with the rktek guaranteed. The rk tek's work best on the '08 and older m-series. They work awesome going forward on all years but sometimes the reverse can be a little finicky on the electronic reverse models. That being said i've sold lots that had no issue and just a couple that seem to have issue's at times in reverse only(it'll urry the belt in the sec clutch sometimes). But with yours having mechanical reverse that's not a worry.

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I lean towards Rk tek. Its so much cheaper of a kit too. I ride Valemount quite a bit and right now I only have a straight cut 36 helix in my stock clutch. Being in McBride, is there a helix cut you reccomend for the Mcbride/Valemount area? Is it also worth it to through a shift assist in there with the torsion conversion?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the more I think about it, the more I lean towards Rk tek. Its so much cheaper of a kit too. I ride Valemount quite a bit and right now I only have a straight cut 36 helix in my stock clutch. Being in McBride, is there a helix cut you reccomend for the Mcbride/Valemount area? Is it also worth it to through a shift assist in there with the torsion conversion?

First off what all do you have done to your sled? Second with the rk tek set-up the shift assist wouldn't fit in there. IMO the shift assist is a waste of money. Once i know what you have done to youir sled i can give you recommendations on a helix.

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off what all do you have done to your sled? Second with the rk tek set-up the shift assist wouldn't fit in there. IMO the shift assist is a waste of money. Once i know what you have done to youir sled i can give you recommendations on a helix.
Well right now nothing except for a can and 144 2" track. But along with clutch kit I am putting in bdx 53/67 gears, full slp pipe kit, some kind of fuel controller. Any suggestions? Slp high flow intake. That's it for performance I think. With the slp pipe I am gonna buy the Rk tek hood lift and a gauge relocator.

Top Bottom