blue river.

joesled

Reaction score
have never rode in blue river,but am very interested in doing so.can anyone tell me if you can ride from motel or how long of ride to unload.:)

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in riding the Blue River area as well but have no idea where the staging areas are or how else to find out. Any insight from you guys would be helpful!
Thanks.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have never rode there but I'm told that if you dont know where your going or have someone with you that does dont waste your time.Hopefully will make it there this year.
catmando!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
hoping for snow this next week if it happens we will be riding blue river on the weekend of the nov 16th. I have never been there niether but going with two fella's that have been there lots. I'll keep you posted.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finn Creek:
go south of Blue river 15 km or so, you will see a sign on the side of the road that says " Little Hells Gate". Just after the sign will be a compressor station. pull in there and unload you might have to park along the road. Travel up the forestry road to the cut blocks. From the cut blocks go up into the alpine. you might have to go across the top of the cut blocks to find the trail ( not groomed ) Sometimes a little tricky to find if knowone has been in there. Make sure that you GPS it so you know the next time. It is about 10 km in.

Auxilery

Reaction score
I've Been riding Blue for 5 years and have never been disappointed and every year we find more and more areas to ride. For those that have never ridden Blue River, Its a great experience! If your adventurous there are tons of places. None are marked but the locals are friendly and more than helpful and its great to support the community! Hire a guide or mount a gps on your sled. The snow is incredible, and your able to ride right from your hotel which means no staging! If you love boondocking and experienced enough to explore without not knowing where your going this place is for you.

oldballs

Reaction score
I sure hope to make the trip there this year a good freind [sasksummit] has been there and hope he will take some of us with a local .

doo the snow dance every one

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I know theres no new snow intown(no snow at all) but i herd up 4000 theres some fresh stuff...Lets all pray for snow soon

Snowman

Reaction score
Is there currently no snow in Blue River? What's the latest on conditions?
Thanks

THERES SNOW HIGH UP BUT UNLESS YOU WANT TO BOUNCE OF STUMPS AND ROCKS HOPEFULLY ONLY PUNCTURE YOUR BELLY PAN AND NOT TOTALLY DESTROY YOUR SLED, THEN THE CONDITIONS ARE GREAT LOTS OF SNOW.
But for a more enjoyable experience in the Blue River area I suggest you all wait a week or maybe more. The problem here is that you access everything from cut blocks and creek drainages so you need a lot of snow and frozen creeks to access the riding, Generally a couple of good snowfalls ( can happen in a couple of days) and things are good. Just keep checking on conditions and do a snow dance it's calling for snow this week but we need cooler temps.

Top Bottom