Blue river snow conditions 2009/2010!

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, When I left for school this morning it was snowing lightly to moderate, on top of the 3 or so inches of snow we all ready had on the ground. I can not tell you how much has fallen from this morning because im still at school. Will update tonight when im home.

So if any one wants to post updates or pictures of the riding adventure please feel free to do so.

Lets hope for a awsome and safe season this year !

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Issued a little bit late me thinks....First one of the season......:d

Warnings

North Columbia
9:23 PM PDT Thursday 29 October 2009
Snowfall warning for
North Columbia issued

5 to 15 cm of snow expected tonight.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Snow over most sections of the central interior has changed to rain as the influx of warm air continues from the south. Precipitation should change to rain over Yellowhead and McGregor regions later this evening. Over 20 cm has fallen near Blue River this evening and an additional 10 to 15 cm is expected tonight before the snow changes to rain Friday morning.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Issued a little bit late me thinks....First one of the season......:d

Warnings

North Columbia
9:23 PM PDT Thursday 29 October 2009
Snowfall warning for
North Columbia issued

5 to 15 cm of snow expected tonight.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

Snow over most sections of the central interior has changed to rain as the influx of warm air continues from the south. Precipitation should change to rain over Yellowhead and McGregor regions later this evening. Over 20 cm has fallen near Blue River this evening and an additional 10 to 15 cm is expected tonight before the snow changes to rain Friday morning.

Right on let it snow let it snow..................... thats all........yup thats it.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
well it rained last night and a bit this morning and looking at the hills i think it rained up there too, but who knows how hgh

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
rained in town, but it snowed a little bit up top, when i looked out my window i could see the snow line up towards white river

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
raining right now in town, trying to snow at the same time, but hasnt had any luck

on saturday some guys broke into finn and one guy nailed a rock and wrote off his sled from what i herd so watch out guys it is early riding conditons you dont want o end your season early do to a smashed machine !

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far up to you have to drive to get into fin? Are they logging this year?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im not to sure how far up the road is plowed i talk to a guy and he said right to the back so not sure where that is exactly, and not sure if they are still loggin up there i could find out for you, one of my good friends dads owns the company that was loggin back there

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right to the back is a long ways in. That would be great if you could find out. We will be out wednesday, so i dont imagine they would be hauling anyways.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
snowed a few CMs over night wet snow, raining right now but tying to snow, going out for a lil rip today just up white river, will post this evening

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wish i could post pics but i dont have a camera, went for a lil 2 and half hour rip put on 80 km and got into 3 feet of POWDER up white river today dont quite enough snow to play in the blocks there yet still a few obstacles lol but soon

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
one ride but not to alpine just up to about 4500', wanted to go out today but the vis would be crappy

Top Bottom