Blue River Report Dec.11 - 14

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pulled in saturday around noon and rode Red Sands/Parberry our first day. Awesome trail up as it was groomed the weekend before. It was decent riding up there. One other group of about 10 guys was up there. It still needs about two more feet to cover up whats left of the rocks and more of the little tree's. Im 6'-2" and snow was just above my knee, but not much of a base.

We woke up sunday to about 4" at the hotel and up top of White-River a foot easily on sunday. Trail was in decent shape with a few small 'whoops' here and there, not as good as red-sands trail though. Snow was between the knee and waist with the fresh stuff and a little bit more of a base than red sands but still could see and feel a few stumps. Needs about one to 2 more feet to cover up alot of stuff but was better than i expected up there! We were the only ones up there sunday and i think saturday there were only 4 sleds up there. We only touched half the area because of the low vis and all the stucks.

Monday, no new snow. We rode Foam-Creek. My first time riding that area and i think its my new favorite :d The trail from the fin lot was pretty rough - single track. Up top was amazing.... It looked like from the tracks maybe four sleds were up there the day before (sunday) so there was LOTS left from the saturday night storm. Pretty good base up there and had great coverage !! This area was by far in the best shape of the three areas we rode. Snow level was just above my knee. Again we were the only ones up there monday. Still lots of untouched left up there boys.

Tuesday we rode a half day up White River and the sun came out for us....Needless to say we didnt leave much fresh up there for the weekend!

Enjoy the pics. They are from Red Sands and Foam.

Attachments

• Blue River Dec 2010 003.jpg
    Blue River Dec 2010 003.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 373
  • Blue River Dec 2010 004.jpg
    Blue River Dec 2010 004.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 373
  • Blue River Dec 2010 005.jpg
    Blue River Dec 2010 005.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Blue River Dec 2010 006.jpg
    Blue River Dec 2010 006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 373

lexy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great pics Ryan...glad you guys liked foam.....see ya next trip....:d:d

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have had more, but you know how riding goes.... And my camera battery kept dieing from the cold.

Funny story as well - we finished riding Foam on monday and came down to the parking lot and loaded up the sleds (remember, we parked in the Finn lot). We were sitting on the trailer having a 'pop' while the truck warmed up and this big ford diesel pulls in and parks about 40 yds from us with his lights kind of on us (its dark out at this point). We kind of wonder what business this truck would have in the lot and think nothing of it and go back to our BS-ing and 'pop'. We jump in the truck about 10 minutes later and go to pull out and this truck drives right in front of us blocking our exit!! We're really wondering now whats going on now.....
Out jumps this younger guy and he has badges on his fleece vest......

Turns out he was with Crown-Land and just stopped by the lot on his way to Blue. First question he asks is where we rode. We told him Foam and he asked if we rode up the plowed road. We said 'no' foam is the other way. More general questions proceeded and anyways we BS'd with him for about 1/2 hour as he was a decent guy. He was just checking things out as we all know what happened the weekend before with the ambush.

Top Bottom