Blue River Information Thread

saskcat

Reaction score
I rode the fingers last weekend and a b&b was telling their guests they didn't need to buy a 25$ membership to ride the members only areas. Also advising guys on how to avoid the booths. I cant believe the ignorance being displayed towards a snowmobile club that fights everday to keep areas open and to stop our limited areas from being closed. The memberships and trail passes are vital monies for this fight, for the staging areas and for the trails into the areas. I can't understand why people would jeopardize this privilege to ride such a fantastic area by trying to skip out on a couple dollars.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some peoples kids.... Hey what's this about a membership i need to ride in the blue river area? Is it for a certain area? Where do i get it n why do i need it. Thanks.

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.glaciermountainlodge.com
Eventually we will all have enough!! I'm not exaggerating when I say this has become a full time job the past few years. I spend a couple of grand a year of my own money running around to meetings. I don't even keep track of the incidentals like phone calls, mail outs printing etc... you all get the picture this does not include my time. I'm one of many hard working VOLUNTEERS that I'm proud to call my friends. I don't expect much but a little respect and co-operation is all we ask. When dumb ass's do stupid ch!t or ignore signs and closures it jepordises everything we do and piles more work on us. So thanks to all the dumb ass's out there when they close the back country your turbo modded out cool piece of ch!t sled will be worthless.
issues: This year the SMA's which give us access to sensitive caribou areas is expiring do you think we will get it renewed if we can't police ourselves? All our areas are under an SMA.
2. Fingers is a nice safe area: It's a member area for a reason that is the only way we could keep it open. It's cheaper than the fancy Klim gloves to buy a membership if you can't afford one stay out.;
3> trail passes barely cover grooming and parking lot snow removal it doesn't happen with fairy dust. so if the trail is a bit rough some times remember it could have 10 ft bumps not 4 inch ones and you could ride for free.
4. Most of you who bitch couldn't find your way out of a wall mart parking lot so be thankfull that we even shared our area with you and keep working to make the access easy and get trails in early.
5. Ever wounder what it was like to be the first ever into North Blue area? I could tell you because I was one of a few that was we named these areas, and Foam and Salmon lakes. we also shared them with the world and fought government hard to ensure you all have a right to ride in them.
So if I sound mad I am if your offended don't come back.
If you agree don't support the people and business's that try and sabotage our efforts.

Bill

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy now, i just asked where to get the pass n why i needed it....

i have no problems paying for the pass or membership or what ever.

I'm still curious why the government or whoever would require the citizens to pay a " membership" to access an area. If the pass is for the grooming of the trail, parking lots etc, i have no problem with that at all.

We rodWHq1CRUxe the area along the ditch n up onto a logging road last year. There were no signs stating we needed to pay for anything and the girl at the booth collecting money for trail passes across the tracks smiled n waved at us as we slowy road by. My buddy had been there a bunch of times and i'm pretty sure we didn't give her any money nore did she ask for any.

Not trying to argue here just asking some questions thats all. I get what you're saying but can u explain the reasoning and also
what is the cost of the membership and how long is it good for. Thanks.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchase a Blue River Powder Packers membership if your planing to ride that area, COS (conservation officer service) have been patrolling and issuing tickets to non-compliant riders.

Memberships can be purchased at Glacier Inn Hotel, Blue River Sledz, or at the trail head info booths.

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

Due to snowmobilers staying at a local B&B last weekend, BRPPS has lost access to the REDSANDS STAGING AREA north of town. This group of riders attempted to jump the tracks 250 yards before the crossing to beat a train and avoid the BRPPS info/trail-head booth, one of the sleds had became stuck between the rails and the train had to make an emergency stop nearly hitting the trapped sled and rider.

BRPPS is in the process of trying to resolve the issue at this time.

NO PARKING AVAILABLE, North Side of Town

BIG THANKS going out to this group of individuals.

all the work you people put in to this for everyone that gets to come and enjoy the opportunity and then a swift kick in the chops with a frozen boot like this. We'll be throwing some support your way this coming week....

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Easy now, i just asked where to get the pass n why i needed it....

i have no problems paying for the pass or membership or what ever.

I'm still curious why the government or whoever would require the citizens to pay a " membership" to access an area. If the pass is for the grooming of the trail, parking lots etc, i have no problem with that at all.

We rodWHq1CRUxe the area along the ditch n up onto a logging road last year. There were no signs stating we needed to pay for anything and the girl at the booth collecting money for trail passes across the tracks smiled n waved at us as we slowy road by. My buddy had been there a bunch of times and i'm pretty sure we didn't give her any money nore did she ask for any.

Not trying to argue here just asking some questions thats all. I get what you're saying but can u explain the reasoning and also
what is the cost of the membership and how long is it good for. Thanks.
Membership is annual it supports BRPP and the provincial association ABCSnow who work year round on next to no budget. Membership also gives us numbers which carry a lot of weight with government when negotiating. All sledders should be members of the club of their choice it is a small price and a lot of value.

My rant is not with you. First I'll explain the situation:
CN gated the crossing to our Red Sands parking lot due to some dummy trying to jump the tracks before the crossing. guy's do this because they are told not to support the club or pay anything. I get tired of busting my ass for nothing We have so many issues right now we didn't need another.
As for Fingers We negotiated to keep the area legally open for sledding with MOE It is a very sensitive Caribou area. the condition to keep it open is that we could manage the area and only members would use it as a tool to try and keep numbers down. As I'm sure a lot of you know some times in negotiations you compromise something is better than nothing. There were signs there but they kept getting removed, also a local was telling everyone that it was not a member area. we only have 3 or 4 active members to do all the work and get help from our sledding buddies from Alberta most of the time so we all get tired of hanging signs there are over 300 signs in the back country that were hung by volunteer time fuel and sleds.
I get emails from the guy in MOE who holds all the cards on if we will be legally be aloud to sled anywhere all the time about tracks in closed area and sleds out of bounds. So I don't know what it's going to take to get guys to understand the importance of this. But I see my rant gets more attention than the nice posts.
To sum it up I know that 90% of you are all great guys and abide by the rules so help[ police the 10% who don't.

Bill

glacier mt lodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
Yukes in regards to the train situation and us losing the staging area.
Digger and Bill, How the heck do you go about getting that resolved?

We've been on the phone Email etc for the last 2 days. Have everyone we can think of MP, MLA regional rep, forestry, Highways all on it. I don't think anything will happen quick.
We are looking at options to plow a new parking area somewhere but that will take some time.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Unreal. Un fawking real. Please tell us which B and B this was as our crew who loves that area and buys memberships too would like to stage in their driveway or surround their business with our rigs. Seeing how they screwed all of us now.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchase a Blue River Powder Packers membership if your planing to ride that area, COS (conservation officer service) have been patrolling and issuing tickets to non-compliant riders.

Memberships can be purchased at Glacier Inn Hotel, Blue River Sledz, or at the trail head info booths.

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

Due to snowmobilers staying at a local B&B last weekend, BRPPS has lost access to the REDSANDS STAGING AREA north of town. This group of riders attempted to jump the tracks 250 yards before the crossing to beat a train and avoid the BRPPS info/trail-head booth, one of the sleds had became stuck between the rails and the train had to make an emergency stop nearly hitting the trapped sled and rider.

BRPPS is in the process of trying to resolve the issue at this time.

NO PARKING AVAILABLE, North Side of Town

BIG THANKS going out to this group of individuals.

We saw this retard and his crew........after our crew of 9 bought season passes to ride that day.

Maxwe

Reaction score
Bill dont give up on us.
Please Continue the march forward even though there is a few real handicaped people on our boat.
We will try to throw them off the boat one at a time.
We all appreciate the time, effort and contribution you and the Blue River group make on our behalf.

I am no expert like Bill and co. However I have attended some early VARDA meetings and yes the Government looks at the membership numbers as a real barameter of citizen concern. And when many of us have not purchased any type of BC membership, the numbers are so skinny we have little stroke or influence in garnering our snowmobile position. It is critical we all make the effort to purchase to accurately reflect the size and scale of our snowmobile community.

Crackho

Reaction score
Rode both Salmon and Groundhog this past weekend and snow was unreal. Didnt see any slides or movement at all and even cutting into sidehills the snow seemed setup. Trails sure need a groom though but have riden worse. First time in Blue River ever and will be back forsure.

Korey

Reaction score
Also rode groundhog this weekend I thought the trail was in good shape ? That was Friday maybe was bad on Saturday? Either way be thankful it was as good as it was definitely have hade to ride worse trails for a lot less fresh
Rode both Salmon and Groundhog this past weekend and snow was unreal. Didnt see any slides or movement at all and even cutting into sidehills the snow seemed setup. Trails sure need a groom though but have riden worse. First time in Blue River ever and will be back forsure.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why a local would try and mislead unsuspecting snowmobilers down the wrong path, when they rely on thier support to stay in business. It is also illegal to ride down the rite of way along the tracks. If the CN police decide to sit on that particular crossing, it is gonna cost alot more than a trail pass or membership.

I am not sure if people just pretend to be stupid, or they really are, but if you are riding in any area these days, and you dont buy a membership for that particular area, you are a moron. I have seen our areas get squashed down to these pathetic little areas that alot of you guys seem to think are just awesome. The only reason we even have the ones left that we do, are because of the clubs and businesses fighting for US to keep these areas open. It is all user pay now, so pony up.

Some of you guys really need to open your eyes and your wallets if you want to continue riding in these sensitive areas.

And if you want to cry about the rough trails then stay home. If it wasnt for the large number of users the trails would be smooth, and if it wasnt for the grooming we do have you would be riding 4 ft swells. I have seen those before grooming started and they are not cool.

Go ride the golden triangle in edson, they groom regularily.

My rant is:realmad: over.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also rode groundhog this weekend I thought the trail was in good shape ? That was Friday maybe was bad on Saturday? Either way be thankful it was as good as it was definitely have hade to ride worse trails for a lot less fresh
Rode Salmon on Friday and the trail in was great and still pretty good on the way back out. I imagine guys had to stomp some trenches in on the single track Saturday morning though. We were the 2nd group up and I couldn't believe the rodeo a few guys must have created on the way up.

Crackho

Reaction score
I think you have it backwards, if it wasn't for the large number of riders paying $20 each there would be no groomed trail at all. Friday things were good, Saturday the way back was rough but still bearable for most.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure why a local would try and mislead unsuspecting snowmobilers down the wrong path, when they rely on thier support to stay in business. It is also illegal to ride down the rite of way along the tracks. If the CN police decide to sit on that particular crossing, it is gonna cost alot more than a trail pass or membership.

I am not sure if people just pretend to be stupid, or they really are, but if you are riding in any area these days, and you dont buy a membership for that particular area, you are a moron. I have seen our areas get squashed down to these pathetic little areas that alot of you guys seem to think are just awesome. The only reason we even have the ones left that we do, are because of the clubs and businesses fighting for US to keep these areas open. It is all user pay now, so pony up.

Some of you guys really need to open your eyes and your wallets if you want to continue riding in these sensitive areas.

And if you want to cry about the rough trails then stay home. If it wasnt for the large number of users the trails would be smooth, and if it wasnt for the grooming we do have you would be riding 4 ft swells. I have seen those before grooming started and they are not cool.

Go ride the golden triangle in edson, they groom regularily.

My rant is:realmad: over.
I think the poor guy was just making an observation on the general condition of the trail. It didn't come across as a massive complaint to me like your suggesting. Personally, I like to hear about not only snow conditions but trail conditions too and find this info valuable. I don't know why we seem to jump all over guys on here when there is the slightest report (as long as its written in a 'matter of fact' tone) of a trail turning rough. Just sayin........

Top Bottom