Blue River Information Thread

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there were no tracks where we were yesterday or today. It was soft, deep and pretty good snow but it wasn't powder!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there were no tracks where we were yesterday or today. It was soft, deep and pretty good snow but it wasn't powder!

Hmmm, imagine that ! It hasn't snowed for a few days and there's no fresh pow !! Go off the grid and you'll find some great untouched (albeit, not fresh) snow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying I was expecting powder lol. Just replying to fact I said it was set up and some one told me to get off the trail. Snow is great in the trees and off the beaten path nothing but fun all weekend long. Great snow and great times!

Last edited:

lleroux1

Reaction score
Any update? Four of us traveling there tomorrow from Edmonton. Just wondering if it's worth the trip, most areas are reported to be set like concrete. Thanks in advance for the reply.

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parrberry Jan20 Franky (12).jpg
Foam - Groomed Jan.23
Salmon - Groomed Jan.22
Groundhog - Groomed Jan.20
Redsands - Groomed Jan.19

Groomer reported around 12cm's of fresh snow on Salmon Lake road last night.

Boosted 800

Reaction score
Will be ready for a ride around noon (Jan 25) in Blue River. Anyone around that can take us out in the back county? Never been here before. Rest of the group won't be here till Sunday so looking for someone that may know the area.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be ready for a ride around noon (Jan 25) in Blue River. Anyone around that can take us out in the back county? Never been here before. Rest of the group won't be here till Sunday so looking for someone that may know the area.

Contact blue river sledz, digger or go to the holy smoke in, robin may..... Maayyy be persuaded to take you out.

Poo16

Reaction score
Anyone got some more pictures and videos from the last couple of days?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michaud2307

Reaction score
Would like to thank digger from blue river sledz rentals for hooking us up with parts!! We had a couple blown up parts during our 4 days trip in salmon and buddy literally ripped out parts from his sled to keep ours going !! Thumbs up

2013 pro 858 , 163x3", c3 2.32,jaws can

indyguy

Reaction score
Contact blue river sledz, digger or go to the holy smoke in, robin may..... Maayyy be persuaded to take you out.

Big shout out to Digger and his brother Ken = hired them for a day at Holy Grail - all I can say is "Holy Chit". The area he showed us was phenominal. Well worth it and will do it again.

Attachments

• Holy Grail (9) - Copy.jpg
    Holy Grail (9) - Copy.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 533

Braaap

Reaction score
Also interested on cost for a day of guiding.. been coming to Blue for years but typically stick to Red Sands, Ground Hog and occasional Salmon with the right group. Would be nice to see new riding areas ... Possible for this weekend?

How much is it to hire them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is access into Salmon and Holy Grail?

Thanks

Access to salmon is slippery up through the trees and trenched pretty good. Buddy had to leave his pro up there overnight and get parts from valemount. Going back up there doubling on my cat was not much fun lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

thekid1111

Reaction score
Any been in salmon or holy grail in the last day or two. ?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom