Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jan. 1st - Foam Creek Riding Area
A little sun, and -2 outside.
Jan. 1st Foam 001.jpg Jan. 1st Foam 002.jpg

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it into Holy Grayle today, but the sun wouldn't cooperate.
A few guy's poked up into the Big Blue side.
One bad creek crossing, 20 feet across and some nasty rock throughout with 12 inches of running water.
It's not a easy task getting in, the trail is difficult, so be prepared.
View attachment 145416
View attachment 145417

U aint kiddin, creek crossings interesting, the exit and entry, shes a tad iced up now. And the trail up, im guessing will keep alotta riders outta there till they get another 3-4'

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U aint kiddin, creek crossings interesting, the exit and entry, shes a tad iced up now. And the trail up, im guessing will keep alotta riders outta there till they get another 3-4'

I was seriously outperformed by the last climb up into Big Blue.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The two broken limiter straps might of had somethin to do with that, or the flat light, or the 50 6ft graves scattered across the hill

cooker7

Reaction score
so what are the conditions looking like for this weekend? any snow or still tracked up from new years? im looking to ride parrberry groundhog or milledge if u know what any of those are like?

shady280zx

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Thought I would post this here, I left my helmet on the back of my truck at the Big Blue/ Holy Grail Parking Lot (June Springs Road.) I am sure it fell off there, when I noticed I went back but someone had picked it up. If you have it and see this can you please contact me. It is a white Klim F4..... This was Dec 28th when I lost it.

That was an awesome poke up into Big Blue! There was no new snow when I left on the day of the 1st.

hookedonboost

Reaction score
Want to say thank's to the following:

Blue River Sledz - One of our group discovered worn out sliders - they helped out with a new set!

Lexy @ Glacier Mtn Lodge - we discovered a broken trailer emergengy brake-away cable & prong, Lexy phoned around & found "Brian" who took one off one of his trailers to get us going. And he wouldn't take any money (bringing him a new one next trip to Blue).

Blue River - One of the best "Sledder Friendly" places....ever

RyanMuir

Reaction score
Ive been to Salmon before, You go straight at a turn off for another area right? Heading there on Monday possibly. The off load area is shortly after Blue river on your left? Last time I was there was last year and I wasnt driving. Any help would be appreciated! :d

Blueriversledz-Digger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been to Salmon before, You go straight at a turn off for another area right? Heading there on Monday possibly. The off load area is shortly after Blue river on your left? Last time I was there was last year and I wasnt driving. Any help would be appreciated! :d

Correct, The staging area is 22 km's south of Blue River, turn left off the highway at the Chain OFF area at the bottom of Messiter summit. You are able to access Salmon, Ground Hog East & West, and Foam from this area.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the guys on the trail into Foam Saturday. Blew apart my thermostat housing and trail rigged it. Lasted just long enough to get back to the truck. Drove home ripped all the crap off and still got about 55km in that afternoon.

RyanMuir

Reaction score
It was deep today!
Had a great day, wish we could make it there again tomorrow. Next trip we are just going to stay in Blue.

Top Bottom