Blue River Avalanche Safety Training

brknsld

Reaction score
Website
www.snowymountain.ca
There will be a full schedule of Avalanche Safety Training Courses in Blue River for 2010-2011. Both the AST Level 1 and 2 for Sledders will be offered. The level II course is an intensive course that will help prepare those who are interested in going onto the CAA Industry Training Level 1 for Sledders.
Those who are interested in becoming a highly trained Sled Guide or who want to take their knowledge and training to a higher level should look up our AST Level II. Updated techniques and companion rescue and coaching for digital transcievers, how to better use terrain during periods of high and considerable avalanche danger ratings...Everyone going to the mountains should have the AST Level I as minimum training!

Last edited by a moderator:

brknsld

Reaction score
Website
www.snowymountain.ca
Hi dooryrider,

I will keep you posted on the 2010/2011 dates. Blue River locals also get a 10% discount or it can go to your local club for avalanche safety initiatives.
Cheers see you next winter!

Kedogenous Stammel

Reaction score
There will be a full schedule of Avalanche Safety Training Courses in Blue River for 2010-2011. Both the AST Level 1 and 2 for Sledders will be offered. The level II course is an intensive course that will help prepare those who are interested in going onto the CAA Industry Training Level 1 for Sledders.
Those who are interested in becoming a highly trained Sled Guide or who want to take their knowledge and training to a higher level should look up our AST Level II. Updated techniques and companion rescue and coaching for digital transcievers, how to better use terrain during periods of high and considerable avalanche danger ratings...Everyone going to the mountains should have the AST Level I as minimum training!

I hope you had a good time there. The benefits of can be experienced in each of your climbing afterwards. I came to know about its importance only after getting caught in a snowslide. I am very much grateful to Mountain Skills Academy who helped me to know all the basic details about mountaineering. It gave me a good opportunity to build up a network of friends who have similar interests as mine.

Top Bottom