Blue Lake

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up today to scratch the itch, some pretty good snow up top but still lots of land mines, buddy whacked a rock hard, doesn't look to good. There is active logging going on, most of traffic is turning off at yard creek (km10). They are logging just below cummins lake, and there is some skidded roads crossing trail a few km up from cummins lake. Best off loading is at about km 13 or so, widens out a bit a km before it switch backs up. Any higher and there isn't really any where to get off the road safely. All in all a good day with lots of untouched playground!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to go to blue Sunday for a rip. But dunno. Wished there was more.

We have had too many nice days since Sunday lol.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going to go to blue Sunday for a rip. But dunno. Wished there was more.

We have had too many nice days since Sunday lol.

It wasn't that bad, just had to keep eyes open and tone it down a bit. Trail in was probably the worst part. There are trees down under the snow across the trail, but nothing to crazy to get over/around. Was up last yr at this time and I think there is more snow this year than last

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huh. Good to know.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how long ther logging for? does that mean you need a radio and parking will be a bitch all winter?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how long ther logging for? does that mean you need a radio and parking will be a bitch all winter?

I was told till dec... Weeks days. No weekends.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone know how long ther logging for? Does that mean you need a radio and parking will be a bitch all winter?

went to the eagle valley sow club meeting last night .... Blue lake its said they will be loging into the new year ... Have to have a radio during the weekdays and road is plowed to 6 km ... But no parking at 6 km .... Talk of a trail to join owlshead to blue lake is up but not done as of yet and might not get done ...

They are loging eagles , owls , queest and blue ..... Really screwed it up for the year ... But what can a guy do ...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will put a real wrench into Kusters Doo rides.

yep for sure .... it will for rene too .... any one weekdays really .... i don't have a radio other than a frs [ rino radio-gps ]... heard its hard to get one unless u have a trap line kind of thing where u need it ...

craig3972

Reaction score
Good thing I learned about all the logging before I bought an annual pass for me and the wife.

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what frequency they are using? Ladd 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Joe Schmucks

Reaction score
Website
www.JoeSchmucks.ca
from Grooming & Snow Report - Sled Sicamous
[h=2]Blue Lake[/h]
Last Groomed:Estimated start date will be Jan 21th,2013 We will Groom the evening of Dec 20th
Snow Report:100cm base, Ploughed & Unloading at 10km.Some sledders unloading at the bottom on weekends.
Notices:Active logging. Mondays 1:00am - Fridays 5:00pm. No Recreational traffic during this time period.
Chains required on all trucks with trailers.

[h=2]Eagle Pass[/h]
Last Groomed:Dec. 16/13
Number of sleds since last groomed 49.
Snow Report:100 cm base.
All Sleds leaving from the bottom parking lot.

Notices:All logging is finished

[h=2]Owlhead[/h]
Last Groomed:Estimated start grooming date will be Dec 19,2013
Snow Report:Ploughed & Unloading at 17km.
Road was ploughed Friday Dec 13th so we cannot groom until we have a little snow.Some sleds leaving from the bottom.We will start Grooming Dec 19th.
Notices:Logging was finished Dec 13th.
Chains required on all trucks with trailers.

[h=2]Queest[/h]
Last Groomed:December 18/13: Number of sleds since last Groomed: 0
Snow Report:100cm base.
Notices:Most sleds leaving from the bottom,No Trailers beyond staging area,
Chains required to travel to 6 km parking lot on all trucks.
Logging is finished until late January,

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep all week days I was told.

Parking at 10 ( was there Sunday )

Trail up from 10 km was hitting rocks the hole way up cause its been plowed for so long.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Were any trailers parking up at the 10k? How bad is it if a guy rides right from the bottom? We are coming on Saturday.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Rode blue lake today.....along with about 150-200 other sledders, snow was average in the morning and beat to piss in the afternoon. Needs snow bad in there, pretty low snow pack for this time of year, got to see lots of wrecks today.

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there also today _ there alot of sleds - couldnt believe all the sleds that were continuously trying to climb the hills south of blue lake and north of cabin - you'd think after seeing someone hit rock or stump youd kinda stay clear of area - guess alot of riders had to c it first hand !! We went over ridge south of cabin - no stumps or rocks - knee deep powder !!

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Sorry for reposting this from another thread but trying to get the word our: As of today (Sunday Morning), the loggers have gone back in and have plowed the Blue Lake road. They are enforcing their industrial road closure and no recreational traffic is permitted. You can access Blue Lake from the Owlhead parking lot and the "conecter trail" was groomed Saturday night. Parking will be tight at Owlhead on Sunday and Monday but will be much quieter after that. Enjoy the fresh snow! Keep an eye on www.sledsicamous.com for the latest and greatest.

Top Bottom