Blue jewel / blue river updates & conditions 2011 / 2012

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!

The Holy Smoke Inn has " ULAR " Clothing on the way !!

STOP on by the Holy Smoke Inn and get Your " ULAR " Clothing !!

coming soooon.......so STAY TUNED !

Ski Pol

Reaction score
Hi Patty! I was wondering if you had room for two on Thursday night? Also when I was there last I bought a hoody for my girlfriend and was wondering if I could exchange it for a smaller size? She hasn't worn it yet.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What has this got to do with conditions? No phones where your from?

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

500ssJW

Reaction score
030.jpg Here are some pictures from over the new year!

Attachments

• 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 400
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 392
  • 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 402

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
welll....official yammahamer report is.....the service and friendly faces at the smoker are great, food is great, peeps are great.

As for the snow...well we went all the way into salmon yesterday and found about 6-12 inches of fresh. Chutes had more.....since then it has really cooled down here, minus 18 on the gauge in the truck this morning. snow has really set up, cant say that I have found all this powder that this place is known for yet.

Trails are fairly beat down and moguled out. I suggest scratchers bigtime...we went into vale today to purchase a couple new sets.

We are wondering where the groomer is grooming for the morning in blue......

Kruiser

Reaction score
Hey cscherer, do you wine and complain like that every where u go bout folks that r doing their best to keep the trails going? Vale, Blue.....where else?

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey cscherer, do you wine and complain like that every where u go bout folks that r doing their best to keep the trails going? Vale, Blue.....where else?

hey kruiser....not wining or complaining....I was looking for an answer. I like it here in blue. Great people...we met some really friendly locals at the legion last night.

It is frustrating when you spend 20g plus on your sled, 125.00 a night for accomadations. 160.00 plus for a tank of diesel, numerous drinks at the legion last night....300.00plus lol.
The group we ride with supports the local scene where ever we ride. I have no problem paying the 20.00 trail fee.

Now, am I asking too much for a mid week groom of one area...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey kruiser....not wining or complaining....I was looking for an answer. I like it here in blue. Great people...we met some really friendly locals at the legion last night.

It is frustrating when you spend 20g plus on your sled, 125.00 a night for accomadations. 160.00 plus for a tank of diesel, numerous drinks at the legion last night....300.00plus lol.
The group we ride with supports the local scene where ever we ride. I have no problem paying the 20.00 trail fee.

Now, am I asking too much for a mid week groom of one area...

yes because the 80$ for your group does not cover the 1200$ 1 day grooming cost.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are fairly beat down and moguled out. HMMM, NO WHINING HERE, THE TRAILS ARE BEAT DONE. Fact, no one's fault.

We are wondering where the groomer is grooming for the morning in blue...... ONCE AGAIN, HE'S NOT WHINING, JUST ASKING A QUESTION !

Quit reading too much into it, guys !!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode blue yesterday, not great. Any untouched was settled to about 6". They need snow now and sounds like they might get some this weekend. Some buddies were in foam yesterday and said it was about the same. Still better than working...

Braaap

Reaction score
yes because the 80$ for your group does not cover the 1200$ 1 day grooming cost.

Well probably not just his group, but they may have some cash in reserves after the holidays (between Christmas and new years) and beyond from what i have heard where the town was over compacity and not a trail was getting groomed yet still collecting? Love blue and will be heading back, but again stating facts here and have yet to see an explanation?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding ungroomed trails is a small sacrifice to ride without a bunch of cidiots riding on top of you. I hardly ever get to ride freshed groomed trails because I ride mainly mid week. I am just happy the groomer goes up once a week, because the trails would be brutal without them. Nevermind the fact that the grooming fees need to cover the groomer expenses, and all the administration expenses as well. If you guys all bought memberships then maybe there would be more disposable income, and the club could afford to run the groomer more often.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
UPDATE !!!

We have received about 1 FOOT of Fresh POW in the Valley Bottom TODAY !

Our Guests were riding in AWESOME POW !!

Current Temp. is -5.7 C. Still Snowing Lightly....

Holy Smoke Inn has Rooms Available for Tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday etc.....

Call 250-673-BLUE ( 2583 )

YAHOOOOOO ULAR is in BLUE !!

ULAR Clothing is on the Way to the HOLY SMOKE INN Stay Tuned for that Arrival date .....

I just placed another Order for " NUT DEEP " Jogging Pants !!

WINTER is BACK ON in BLUE !!......YAHOOOOOOOOOOO !

More to come !

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well probably not just his group, but they may have some cash in reserves after the holidays (between Christmas and new years) and beyond from what i have heard where the town was over compacity and not a trail was getting groomed yet still collecting? Love blue and will be heading back, but again stating facts here and have yet to see an explanation?

I think you heard wrong....Rode there from Dec. 27-30 and nobody was collecting trail fees.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
HELP !!

We had one of Our Guests LOSE His Helmet Cam up Groundhog Today !

If Found PLEASE Contact Us here at the HOLY SMOKE INN and We will make sure it gets back to Him !!

Thanks have Fun and STAY SAFE !

Top Bottom