Blue Green Algae Alerts

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I dunno about that..... My boats are in the water from early May to late October and get used almost daily....

To spend money on a boat like that and u live in alberta and dont even have a cabin in bc or saskatchewan is just wasteful, the lakes in this province are the worst in the country and thats nothing new

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I love having a boat, it's expensive but so is everything else I'm involved in. This is an exceptionally bad year at Pigeon, normally we make it until after the Aug long. Such is life though. I remember years were sledding on the mountains sucked and yet I still have sleds.
Maybe I need to move to "that other" lake....lol

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A normal boat i can see in alberta, fish and ski or just fishing boat capable of pulling tubers, skiers, wakeboards etc. as fishing is good here and hot days do come around so cooling off with a tube ride is nice , but to want to jump in these alberta sloughs on the regular is just gross, ive yet to see a lake in alberta outside the rockies an 1/8 as clean as the dirtiest lake around the lakes i grew up on, when you cant see the bottom at 10' or even 5' on most lakes here, its just to dirty for my liking, each to their own though , maybe having the good boat is incentive to buckle down and get a spot somewhere nice one day

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
A normal boat i can see in alberta, fish and ski or just fishing boat capable of pulling tubers, skiers, wakeboards etc. as fishing is good here and hot days do come around so cooling off with a tube ride is nice , but to want to jump in these alberta sloughs on the regular is just gross, ive yet to see a lake in alberta outside the rockies an 1/8 as clean as the dirtiest lake around the lakes i grew up on, when you cant see the bottom at 10' or even 5' on most lakes here, its just to dirty for my liking, each to their own though , maybe having the good boat is incentive to buckle down and get a spot somewhere nice one day

It is what it is. Our lakes are ugly but I don't want to travel 5 or mor hours either.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll take my Alberta swamp over a crowded bc lake anyday. Sure they are nice to go visit but man waking up before sunrise to get a calm ski or wakeboard in is a joke. Chit I can cut glass calm water at noon on a Saturday of a long weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's lots of ok lakes in alberta, just have to look. Sold our place out by Sicamous, bought on Island Lake. It's not the same, but I don't miss the drive in summer to BC. Little over an hour and it's a very clean lake. Whitefish Lake south of Lac la biche is very close to BC quality.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I concur. I was out on Crimson a few weeks back and couldn't believe the wake towers I saw on that slough. I was giving fishing in a pond pounder a try for the first time there and most of that lake is 5-10' deep tops. So dirty I barely wanted to put my hands in it let alone ski or tube. And yet Twin across the road is nice and clean.

If I ever buy a real boat, it's going to be for the ocean. I'll never own a ski boat as long as I live in AB.
I grew up in the okanagan-I know all about busy water, but there are lots of lakes other than the main 3 the tourists go to that aren't busy at all and just as big.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Alberta Lakes. WOW

North Zone

Blue-green algae advisory issued for Moose Lake - August 8, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Calling Lake - August 6, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Smoke Lake - August 6, 2014
ATV safety urged ahead of long weekend - August 1, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Figure Eight Lake - July 30, 2014
Precautionary Air Quality Advisory lifted for the Central and Edmonton Zones of Alberta Health Services Remains in effect for North Zone - July 28, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Long Lake - July 25, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Lac Ste. Anne - July 24, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Soars Lake - July 22, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Sturgeon Lake - July 22, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Bonnie Lake - July 22, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Cross Lake - July 17, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Moonshine Lake - July 14, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for George Lake - July 10, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Winagami Lake - July 10, 2014
Expanded Precautionary Air Quality Advisory issued for the North, Edmonton and Central Zones of Alberta Health Services - July 10, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Muriel Lake - July 3, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Baptiste Lake - June 27, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Lake Isle - June 17, 2014
UPDATE: potential Sulfolane contamination; alternate water source continues to be advised - March 19, 2014
Inactive North Zone Health Advisories

Edmonton Zone
ATV safety urged ahead of long weekend (Edmonton Zone) - August 1, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Hastings Lake - July 29, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Wizard Lake - July 18, 2014
Contaminated water advisory issued for Hasse Lake - July 17, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Coal Lake - July 9, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Pigeon Lake - July 9, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Lake Isle - June 17, 2014
Inactive Edmonton Zone Health Advisories
Central Zone
Unsanitary tattoo operation ordered to close; follow-up testing recommended - August 8, 2014
ATV safety urged ahead of long weekend (Central Zone) - August 1, 2014
Industrial spill confirmed in Bashaw; important precautions urged - July 23, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Wizard Lake - July 18, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Pine Lake - July 14, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Coal Lake - July 9, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Pigeon Lake - July 9, 2014
Inactive Central Zone Health Advisories
Calgary Zone
ATV safety urged ahead of long weekend (Calgary Zone) - August 1, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Eagle Lake - July 31, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Clear Lake - July 11, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Twin Valley Reservoir - July 11, 2014
Blue-green algae advisory issued for Severn Creek Reservoir - July 10, 2014
Inactive Calgary Zone Health Advisories

South Zone
ATV safety urged ahead of long weekend (South Zone) - August 1, 2014
Contaminated water advisory issued for Milk River at Writing-on-Stone Provincial Park - July 14, 2014

Last edited:
Top Bottom