Blue Flame f150 yah or blah?

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the question is just color then i say blue. but what other factors? do they have the same motors? are the interior options similar? no offense but unless everything is the same to pick by color seems womanly. but as stated, her truck her choice is the smart move.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 fx4 in the blue flame, loved the color. Nowadays not so much when you notice a lot of them, even worse now considering my 13 is black in color lol

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Lariat with the same red.. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour. It shines up nice and still looks great.

Chrome needs a good cleaning in the spring, then it's just easy to maintain. I learned the hard way, with a 2010 Cabelas,,,

Painted bumpers, and then rust before your first winter... 3m ya ya sure.. still shows the trauma.

I will never own a truck with a metal painted bumper again.

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deal done today, thanks for the feedback went with the happy wife happy life program, not a good pic but the blue up close is a really nice color. Would like to have got a 15 but incentives on the 14 was 15000 off invoice. The 15s are nice, looked at a king ranch two tone best looking truck I've ever seen, sticker 75400. Also 15 mustangs in show rooms cool car if you've got a spare 50 in your jeans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 137

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deal done today, thanks for the feedback went with the happy wife happy life program, not a good pic but the blue up close is a really nice color. Would like to have got a 15 but incentives on the 14 was 15000 off invoice. The 15s are nice, looked at a king ranch two tone best looking truck I've ever seen, sticker 75400. Also 15 mustangs in show rooms cool car if you've got a spare 50 in your jeans.
Nice truck. I just leased a 2014 FX4 in the silver with the blk stripe. I wanted a "15" as well but for 300/month more nope. Way nicer truck in my opinion tho. Sounds like you got a smoking deal, $15,000 of invoice must have put you under 45,000. Better deal than I got.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$75,000 for the new gas king ranch fully loaded?!?!?! WHOLY HELL. i seen a 15 green platinum last night with merlin ford dealer plates........i couldnt figure out what it was till i got close enough to read the platinum. pulled up beside it....looks like nothing else on the road. The new gms you can tell are gms, this new ford was sweet.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy crap.

Attachments

• platinum.jpg
    platinum.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 106
  • limited.jpg
    limited.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 107

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a couple dozen new 15s sitting here now and the problem is they add all this crap to the the trucks you don't need, then they jack the price. I don't see why you need a full glass roof, a tailgate that opens from your key fob, 360 degree cameras, etc. ya its cool but once the novelty wears off who cares, you can get one with everything you need and more in a truck for a lot less then the king ranch and the platinums.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a couple dozen new 15s sitting here now and the problem is they add all this crap to the the trucks you don't need, then they jack the price. I don't see why you need a full glass roof, a tailgate that opens from your key fob, 360 degree cameras, etc. ya its cool but once the novelty wears off who cares, you can get one with everything you need and more in a truck for a lot less then the king ranch and the platinums.

Lol the simple answer to you is, don't buy a lariat then. The 360° camera, vista sunroof, spot lights on the mirrors are all features that draw me towards the F-150. I want those features. Of course no one needs them, such as no one has a "need" for any high trim. They are all wants.

I know a guy who bought a base model F-150 regular cab longbox and complained he HAD to have power windows and an automatic transmission. He wanted crank windows and a standard transmission because he felt that's all trucks should be.

Sent from my iPhone

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol the simple answer to you is, don't buy a lariat then. The 360° camera, vista sunroof, spot lights on the mirrors are all features that draw me towards the F-150. I want those features. Of course no one needs them, such as no one has a "need" for any high trim. They are all wants.

I know a guy who bought a base model F-150 regular cab longbox and complained he HAD to have power windows and an automatic transmission. He wanted crank windows and a standard transmission because he felt that's all trucks should be.

Sent from my iPhone
Actually the lariet isnt that bad our accessory tech is rigging one up now and its 64000 with everything but the vista roof. Spot lights, 360 cameras, nav, leather, every seat has heat. nice truck.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually the lariet isnt that bad our accessory tech is rigging one up now and its 64000 with everything but the vista roof. Spot lights, 360 cameras, nav, leather, every seat has heat. nice truck.

And they all are cooled too correct? I bought a 14 instead of a 15 due to the rebates. Can't go wrong with a 61k truck for 45k right now.

Sent from my iPhone

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Vista roof could be a real spendy piece to replace when a rock lands on it. I'm always nervous when I hear rocks tinking off my roof that one is going to hit my sunroof...keep meaning to put some 3M on it, but keep forgetting. :)

Chrisp1

Reaction score
Just 3M the bumpers, and don't worry about rock chips anymore. The entire front end of my truck is 3M'd.

Had dealer 3M all the leading edges on my white 13 FX4 before I took delivery, best $500 spent. second winter with I and noy a single rock chip. Wish you can do windshields, on my third one. Haha.

Billydozer56

Reaction score
I have a 2010 f150 flame blue xlt xtr package. once a year i rub wd40 on the tow hooks to get rid on the surface rust. I have never used the tow hooks lol but i bought it used in 2012. Flame blue sure looks good when its clean.

Top Bottom