Blue Flame f150 yah or blah?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shopping for a new truck for wife, she's keen on the blue flame in a 14 f150 fx4, I think it's ok but wondering if this colour is past its time, not to mention painted bumpers. Other choice on one I found a deal on is the ruby colour Lariat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 366
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 361

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shopping for a new truck for wife, she's keen on the blue flame in a 14 f150 fx4, I think it's ok but wondering if this colour is past its time, not to mention painted bumpers. Other choice on one I found a deal on is the ruby colour Lariat.

i have a hard time with steel painted bumpers. i like the red one my self.

mitchmahar

Reaction score
The red one looks a little nicer in my opinion, the grille and everything really sets it off

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess would be that the bumpers are plastic and the chrom is plastic as well, just like the big fancy plastic chrom corners on my duramax.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess would be that the bumpers are plastic and the chrom is plastic as well, just like the big fancy plastic chrom corners on my duramax.
Bumpers are not plastic, I have a black 13fx4 and last time I checked plastic didn't rust when rock chipped lol

Both the red and blue are very nice colors imo.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the blue flame FX4's but also think it's a bit of a teenage boy racer colour. The Lariat is definitely the classier looking truck. My preference is the gunmetal gray FX4.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of chrome anymore. I bought my 12 FX4 with color matched bumpers because I think they will be easier to repaint where as the chrome... not so much. Chrome looks great when it's brand new but after a few years I get tired of trying to polish it and then a week later it's back to dull.
My FX4 has 18" wheels. I didn't want 20's just because of the cost.

Edit. Oh and polishing chrome wheels, fun for first few times but gets old.

Last edited:

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I'm not a fan of chrome anymore. I bought my 12 FX4 with color matched bumpers because I think they will be easier to repaint where as the chrome... not so much. Chrome looks great when it's brand new but after a few years I get tired of trying to polish it and then a week later it's back to dull.
My FX4 has 18" wheels. I didn't want 20's just because of the cost.

Edit. Oh and polishing chrome wheels, fun for first few times but gets old.

Just 3M the bumpers, and don't worry about rock chips anymore. The entire front end of my truck is 3M'd.

Last edited:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just 3M the bumpers, and don't worry about rock chips anymore. The entire front end of my truck is 3M'd.

Mine are 3M'd ad are still chipped up. Granted, it's not near as bad as it would be without the 3M, but I was pretty disapointed. You also gotta be careful that it's done by a good shop - whoever did mine left some surface exposed that shouldn't be (IMO) and those exposed surfaces chipped to chit right away.

I like the blue.

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine are 3M'd ad are still chipped up. Granted, it's not near as bad as it would be without the 3M, but I was pretty disapointed. You also gotta be careful that it's done by a good shop - whoever did mine left some surface exposed that shouldn't be (IMO) and those exposed surfaces chipped to chit right away.

I like the blue.

my ram sports got a plastic front. rub your hand down it its like sand paper, super chipped up but at least not bleeding rust the the fords. my cousin has a fx4 in silver, he goes thru touch up paint like no other. every time he washes his truck he pulls out the pen and spends a couple minutes hitting the new chips.

John Cambell

Reaction score
I have a truck with painted bumpers. Quite a pain. As it's easy to knick them. I would go with steel

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let her pick imo. I like the blue as mentioned the lariet looks like a grampa truck. Black would be my choice! . The lariet tires make it look like a bale wagon but nice they are cheaper to replace. If your buying i would be happy with one from michener allen

Top Bottom