Blowing Fuse - Any Ideas

Shadlar

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Outlander 800 that is blowing the 7.5amp fuse labeled ( F4 - "Accessories" in the shop manual ) - (F4 - "Speedometer/Speed sensor/Tail lamp" in the owners manual) every time I try to start it. Has anyone seen this before, and what was the solution? I only have 2 weeks vacation this summer starting on Aug. 10th and would really like to have my quad running. As a side note the last time I rode the quad it worked fine, but the speedometer did not work. ( all lights and indicators worked, digital display worked. Everything but the speedo needle. :confused:

Radagast

Reaction score
I'd start with checking continuity on your speedo wire(s). Could just be a bad ground wire.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its blowing a fuse it would have to be shorting out.... a bad ground won't make it blow... but if its crossed to ground then yes could blow it

Shadlar

Reaction score
The quad is at the dealer right now. We think that's what it is but will know for sure in a couple of days. All I know is that as soon as we unplugged the sensor it worked fine and did not blow any fuses.

Shadlar

Reaction score
Just a quick update. My wife took it in, they changed the speed sensor. I picked it up and went camping for my 2 weeks holidays and the quad performed flawlessly the whole time. I kept the old sensor and will try cleaning it and reusing it ( As suggested by DaveB ) when i have more time.

Top Bottom