Blew up the motor today, oops

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I was out banging some ditches today and just havin a blast when some weird ratting started so I slowed right down to try and make the truck and about 5 mins later I think I lost a cylinder. Only blew 10 feet from a spot where I could pick it up. Turning it by hand I think the crank is fine. At first I thought it was a clutch issue coming on then it just fell flat on its face with no power at all. It still starts but ya, why would I!!

So what kind of pistons should I use for my rebuild? I have a feeling my boost bottle may have been part of why it blew... How would I go about removing it? It came on my sled when I bought it. Any extra little things I should look out for or do why I'm rebuilding? This will be my 2nd two stroke rebuild.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you think boost bottle? Is it cracked? You'd have to replace the intake boots to ensure a long lasting seal. You could also remove it and clamp a plug in each side but that requires keeping an eye in it.

I used OEM pistons when mine went. But mine was an easy diagnosis with no compression and a no start.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking boost bottle because the seal is all wet on one side. Guess ill have to open er up and see what I did.

SIRsleeper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Upon closer inspection the bottle is cracked on the bottom... Lean condition, crank is gone. Really not impressed that this was preventable had I just taken the bottle off to see why it was wet in that area.

Top Bottom