Blast Radius ??????????

go green

Reaction score
You have a better chance of finding jimmy Hoffa's body than you have getting blown up by a pipeline next to your house . Everyone on this forum drives over thousands of high pressure gas lines every day on the roads and highways . You have 2" plastic natural gas lines in virtually every ditch on every range road only two feet below the ground not to mention a service line that's is on your property right now. Dont worry you will be fine .

Last edited:

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll have better luck winning the lottery than being involved in a rupture, unless ya like using heavy equipment around the yard. ya need a spark to ignite in the first place.
Frock plays with TONKA TOYS and has a hard time sharing ...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll have better luck winning the lottery than being involved in a rupture, unless ya like using heavy equipment around the yard. ya need a spark to ignite in the first place.
Uh no it's the pressure differential. Ever seen a tire or hot water heater explode?
You have a better chance of finding jimmy Hoffa's body than you have getting blown up by a pipeline next to your house . Everyone on this forum drives over thousands of high pressure gas lines every day on the roads and highways . You have 2" plastic natural gas lines in virtually every ditch on every range road only two feet below the ground not to mention a service line that's is on your property right now. Dont worry you will be fine .

Plastic is usually only about 60psi. Far cry from 2000psi. But yes it surrounds us everywhere we go.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I agree, cash the cheque and remember free money doesn't come often

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once the NDP get in out there ,they have promised to remove all pipelines (oil,gas,water,jello....etc) and make the world a better place.....
No worries ,your good to go....

Last edited:

wiseguy

Reaction score
Which Spectra plant were you at, I work at PRGP????????????

I was at FNNPF. Up near Cabin Lake. I was actually supposed to go work for Spectra on their pipeline installation after that project, but i took a job with Shell instead.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a HUGE difference between a regular gas vapor line and a Liquid Gas pipeline. Ever heard of a BLEVE??? If a liquid line leaks it flashes to a vapor thus exploding. Imo a 48" line would be a huge explosion and I would not live within 1 km of one. Get them buy your house or move it plus a chunk of change$$.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a HUGE difference between a regular gas vapor line and a Liquid Gas pipeline. Ever heard of a BLEVE??? If a liquid line leaks it flashes to a vapor thus exploding. Imo a 48" line would be a huge explosion and I would not live within 1 km of one. Get them buy your house or move it plus a chunk of change$$.

This is not a LNG line, the plant in Rupert will liquify.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
48" @ 2000psi ??? I'd have another look at those numbers if I were you. It will be in the package that the land man hand delivered you.

The package we got from the rep is very, very basic and there is nothing in it about the line specs. I work in a gas plant and have been in the oil/gas patch for over 30 years so I asked him, "do you mean kPa and not psi", so either he was lying or mistaken. He was very clear that it is a 48" 2000 psi line.

Top Bottom