Blackwater Evolution tires

oldrzr

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Blackwater Evolution 30" mud tires on there side x side? I was looking at them at Rapid Revolution yesterday for my rzr1000. Please let me know any good or bad comments
Thanks

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't say I have any real life experience with them. But looking at the tread design I wouldn't call them a "mud" tire". More of an all-terrain. They seem to have good reviews everywhere though. Looks kinda like a Bighorn with bigger lugs.
Don't think they would do much if you ride a lot of mud or skeg, but for general trail riding they look good.
Now if your riding leans more towards the mud side, can't go wrong with a set of 31" Outlaw 1's. I have them on my Turbo Maverick and absolutely love them. Great cleanout, fairly light and they tend to float better on skeg. Not rough on trails either.
Hope this helps.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of riding do you do?? I have heard guy taking out the sidewalls and they are thin, BUT that is on the Wildcat board and these guys are in a lot of rocks. They come factory on the wildcat limited.

oldrzr

Reaction score
we don't do any mountain riding. go south of rocky around prairie creek area and at outwest campground and a fair bit in the whitecourt area. my son lives south of there so just take off right from his place and go. the stock bighorns are just not good in the mud. had my rzr 1000 for 2 years so i think a change is due. thanks for the response

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
What kind of riding do you do?? I have heard guy taking out the sidewalls and they are thin, BUT that is on the Wildcat board and these guys are in a lot of rocks. They come factory on the wildcat limited.
I just put some Blackwater Evo's on beadlocks for my XMR for trail riding, and the sidewalls seemed really beefy to me. I don't have anything to compare to tho.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we don't do any mountain riding. go south of rocky around prairie creek area and at outwest campground and a fair bit in the whitecourt area. my son lives south of there so just take off right from his place and go. the stock bighorns are just not good in the mud. had my rzr 1000 for 2 years so i think a change is due. thanks for the response

Outlaw 1's.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Blackwaters measure small I have a set of 26" on the wife's rzr and with 8 lbs in them they only measure 25 3/8". We do mainly mountain riding and have had no issues with them. Have about 500 miles on them and still about 90% but she is pretty lite on the throttle.

Top Bottom