Black vehicle accessories

mikeo2

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 f350 long box in black, not my first colour choice but oh well. I'm going to put a 2 inch lift with some rims and tires on it, but what else makes a sharp looking black vehicle?

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always do a different grill, and black out the tail light mirror lights and 3rd brake lights. i like getting the headlights painted to match to give it tjat black effect without having to wreck the lens of headlight or replacing the factory headlight.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You want it to look good? Do something that everyone and their dog ISNT doing. I had black rims on my last 2 trucks but now everyone is doing that. Look at doing matte grey or silver. Not the typical black or chrome everything. Been done.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spend your $$$ at the carwash..... Most black vehicles are not washed as much as they should be. I have a Navy Blue truck, and it's a PITA to keep it shiney.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing better than a set of 8 inch hockey stick stacks!!!!!!!!

Add in the lift kit and a pair of white oakleys and your set.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2014 f350 long box in black, not my first colour choice but oh well. I'm going to put a 2 inch lift with some rims and tires on it, but what else makes a sharp looking black vehicle?

Add an SLM deck and pimp up the deck.......:d

IMG_2650.jpg

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a black on black truck.. yes it looks sharp.. yes everyones doing it... i just put studded duratracs on my black wheels so i might think up something different for next summer...
ive seen lots of white wheels on black trucks lately..

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chrome here and their looks Good. Although everyone does black and chrome
Rims, they look awesome. Pick a design that maybe is different? Or some nice chrome rims.
Window tint looks really nice, or blacked lights. Maybe color match some stuff, like the bumper depending on what color It is. If you do, do chrome, a big chunk of it in one spot is to much, make It your own.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

You want it to look good? Do something that everyone and their dog ISNT doing. I had black rims on my last 2 trucks but now everyone is doing that. Look at doing matte grey or silver. Not the typical black or chrome everything. Been done.

What he said .....if you want to see what the different accessories look like you could drive up to the Tim Hortons by my work there is got to be 10 murdered out trucks that go through the drive thru every hour

But 1 thing they are all short boxes so changing up a long box will be different

Last edited:

Driftingbig

Reaction score
Some red might contrast nicely, maybe a deep red on door and tailgate handles, some red in the rims, few decals down the side?

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Color match the bumpers and possibly the grill if you want. I would try to take off your ford emblem on the grill and paint the FORD black while leaving the oval blue. I painted my bumpers and grill black and painted the GMC black while leaving the trim around the emblem chrome and it looks really good on my black truck.

Or try and do FORD red while doing the oval black. Changing little things like that make a big difference IMO.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Big Hits this year at sema were the Grilles that incorporated the LED Light bars into them, rims that were black with other colors painted into them, "retrofit" headlights not just the basic recon or spyder headlights, awesome clean looking bumpers from Addictive desert designs and Fusion were some very popular hits at the show again this year

Top Bottom