Black Op Films - GasCan Video Productions (Cataract Creek / Kananaskis AB)

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I wanted to put together another video and give Kudos to Joel Wasnidge (aka Klingon Warrior) of the Calgary Snowmobile Club. Joel is the President of the Calgary Snowmobile Club and he was kind enough to ride with me in Kananaskis this past weekend where he showed me some great spots within the Cataract Creek snowmobile area. I had ridden up over Skyline early in the season when the powder was deep and fresh, but never had I known there were meadows and some great riding on the other side of the mountain.

We headed back towards Silver Mines and stopped off at what I recall being Old Man Falls which if correct is part of the Old Man River system. We played in a couple meadows and cut blocks found along the way with some great untracked snow, and I will be sure to travel back and explore more of the area now that I know great riding exists beyond the trail system. Thanks again Joel for taking the time to show me more of the local area and for your film contribution to the attached video. Joel and I both put our GoPro cameras to great use this past weekend and this video is just a taste of the footage we captured.

I think this is one of the better sled videos that I have made to date and I am sure the next dump of snow back there is going to make for some awesome footage carving out the meadows. Stay tuned for more videos and rides as I explore more of the local riding area with Joel and other members of the Calgary Club. Great bunch of people there if I don't say so myself! Thanks again!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFkGg1yXaA[/YOUTUBE]

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Nice work the the helmet cams..... I like how you did the rear mount camera work too..... Nicely done!

Thanks...

Cam was mounted to the large suction cup bracket that comes with the GoPro kit and I hung it off the rear deck to catch a different perspective. Looks pretty cool back there.

Saw another guy at Cataract last Sunday with your old trailer. Couldn't miss the snow and mud markings or the Sledbunny Racing signs. :)

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow....looks like you tried every angle.....all of them good

I like the one near the beginning where the sled being followed peels off in the distance almost out of site......the rear facing mount looks real cool too....

nice job....

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Thanks Gas Can, great job of putting that together, footage looks great, mix of both cameras. Now that I know what to expect from the camera, the next trip will be more interesting. The batteries are cheap for my camera, I think I'll order a couple more so when it dies, I can change it out. I don't think I could fill the 32 Gig card in a day but it would be fun trying. Till next time,
Joel

Top Bottom