Bisledular

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm standing in my garage looking at a pro 154 and a xm 163 and one thing is instantly evident, polaris's fit and finish sucks donkey!
The sled just looks hacked together with nuts and bolt heads sticking out everywhere,a
rear tail light that looks like they dug it out of the power fist bin at Princess Auto, just crude, just not up to the standards of the rest of the industry in my opinion.
even if everything about the two sleds were identical, ride, engine ect ect the Pro still tanks it in the design category.
the XM seems refined and well finished where as the Pro looks like a bunch of random parts welded and glued together in some hillbilly attempt to build a snowmobile.
i like some things about the pro,but not many! I'm 220 give or take, and just find the Pro engine lacking in power, just seems to flatten out on the top end. It would be a far better sled if they weren't afraid of that liberty boat anchor exploding in your lap like a cheap Chinese grenade, and made more hp with it, who all remembers the year of the Dragon.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm standing in my garage looking at a pro 154 and a xm 163 and one thing is instantly evident, polaris's fit and finish sucks donkey!
The sled just looks hacked together with nuts and bolt heads sticking out everywhere,a
rear tail light that looks like they dug it out of the power fist bin at Princess Auto, just crude, just not up to the standards of the rest of the industry in my opinion.
even if everything about the two sleds were identical, ride, engine ect ect the Pro still tanks it in the design category.
the XM seems refined and well finished where as the Pro looks like a bunch of random parts welded and glued together in some hillbilly attempt to build a snowmobile.
i like some things about the pro,but not many! I'm 220 give or take, and just find the Pro engine lacking in power, just seems to flatten out on the top end. It would be a far better sled if they weren't afraid of that liberty boat anchor exploding in your lap like a cheap Chinese grenade, and made more hp with it, who all remembers the year of the Dragon.

Well I can't say I agree with your post on the look. I think the pro's are a very good looking sled...dare I say even sexy. And hasn't every sled brand had a "bad year" with their sleds? Ski-doo's was 07, no idea what cat's or polaris's were.

I am concerned with the issues Polaris has had this year because I know personally a few sleds affected. BUT I still want seat time on a pro and now thanks to SledMamma maybe an Assault.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I can't say I agree with your post on the look. I think the pro's are a very good looking sled...dare I say even sexy. And hasn't every sled brand had a "bad year" with their sleds? Ski-doo's was 07, no idea what cat's or polaris's were.

I am concerned with the issues Polaris has had this year because I know personally a few sleds affected. BUT I still want seat time on a pro and now thanks to SledMamma maybe an Assault.

I disagree on the assault, I haven't rode one this year but in the past I have and found them to be too wide and stiff for my liking, " well just switch shocks and set up"some will say, but that's why they build mountain specific sleds so we don't have to do all the crap in the first place..
Sure everyone has their "bad years" but Polaris has had Alot of them, yes there were some engine troubles for doo in 07 but nothing like the dragon fiasco.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree on the assault, I haven't rode one this year but in the past I have and found them to be too wide and stiff for my liking, " well just switch shocks and set up"some will say, but that's why they build mountain specific sleds so we don't have to do all the crap in the first place..
Sure everyone has their "bad years" but Polaris has had Alot of them, yes there were some engine troubles for doo in 07 but nothing like the dragon fiasco.

I really can't comment because I don't know on the Assault or the dragon fiasco. :confused:

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone saying how good the fit and finish on the xm is far superior i disagree ihave to guys i ride with completly destroy the headlight, air box, gauge and whatever else because of the dumb design of the headlight having that big lip off the hood they slid sideways into a tree well and everything missed except it caught the headlight and ripped everything off i think the one accident cost a buddy 1800 bucks or so another buddy caught a rock last weekend thought it was just an A arm but turns out his whole flying nun is wrecked... brp doesnt have it all figured out either .. jsut saying

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
everyone saying how good the fit and finish on the xm is far superior i disagree ihave to guys i ride with completly destroy the headlight, air box, gauge and whatever else because of the dumb design of the headlight having that big lip off the hood they slid sideways into a tree well and everything missed except it caught the headlight and ripped everything off i think the one accident cost a buddy 1800 bucks or so another buddy caught a rock last weekend thought it was just an A arm but turns out his whole flying nun is wrecked... brp doesnt have it all figured out either .. jsut saying

So what your saying is your buddies crashed and it cost them money LOL wow shocker! Catching the headlight and breaking it is like saying you caught an a arm on a tree and ripped off and now its a design flaw lool.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lots of things look great from a distance. Look closer. Aka fit and finish. I agree the pro is a good lookin sled bit just look closer with an XM next to it

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had all those same findings with the pro, i do like there handlebars and far away looks are nice but very cheaply made and really lacking in power and in need of mods and also very unpredictable in most tight situations the doo and cat seem way better made with good power right outta the box, better tracks etc and a way more in control feeling

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

This post is exactly the reason I jumped from Polaris to Doo in 2003. And now the Pros are just downright ungodly in fit and finish..... no wonder they are $1500-$2000 less.....Look at the seat design....The ease of access to components and maintenance.....not even close when compared to an XM. They are going to have to get alot better in the overall finish category for me..... I don't care about weight....strength is more important. I don't care what sled a person chooses but ease of maintenance is at the top of my list.....and parts that look like they belong and not purchased in bulk from princess auto....lol, thats funny......

Krista, in your first post you said you thought the Pro would be your choice as number 1 before you rode? Why was that? Just wondering......

Thanks

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of things look great from a distance. Look closer. Aka fit and finish. I agree the pro is a good lookin sled bit just look closer with an XM next to it

Thats exactly what I'm saying, the Pro is a cool looking sled. But it is in no way built to the same degree.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post is exactly the reason I jumped from Polaris to Doo in 2003. And now the Pros are just downright ungodly in fit and finish..... no wonder they are $1500-$2000 less.....Look at the seat design....The ease of access to components and maintenance.....not even close when compared to an XM. They are going to have to get alot better in the overall finish category for me..... I don't care about weight....strength is more important. I don't care what sled a person chooses but ease of maintenance is at the top of my list.....and parts that look like they belong and not purchased in bulk from princess auto....lol, thats funny......

Krista, in your first post you said you thought the Pro would be your choice as number 1 before you rode? Why was that? Just wondering......

Thanks

Because I loathe the XP. Super hard to ride, couldn't tip it over, tripped on the tall seat trying to hop over. I hate the XP. Yes HATE. That is why I figured the Pro was top of the list, then those french bastids (and I say that with love and sarcasm) came out with the XM and threw me a curve ball, lol. I did not think the XM would be that drastic of a change from the XP. Now I'm torn.

Last edited:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Because I loathe the XP. Super hard to ride, couldn't tip it over, tripped on the tall seat trying to hop over. I hate the XP. Yes HATE. That is why I figured the Pro was top of the list, then those french bastids (and I say that with love and sarcasm) came out with the XM and threw me a curve ball, lol. I did not think the XM would be that drastic of a change from the XP. Now I'm torn.

Ok, I get it now...... I was the same way back in the 80's..... no way was I riding a doo....I figured the only good thing to come out of the east was the sun.....lol
I rode Polaris and had a new one pretty much every year and even 2 or 3 in one year.....lol
But, things change and now I actually would rather ride a canadian made product.....It always shocks me how much the US guys endorse doo's......when they should be buying American made products......according to Obama....

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you mean the guy that rides a million days a year or the other guy that rides a million days a year? ya dont listen too them thats dumb! or the same guy that took a pro out for 3 straight days expecting to love it and didnt. he must be wrong aswell and he didnt even like the xp before!!

dont knock it till you have tried it.

i think your taking my post incorrectly. im not saying the pro or the cat is a BAD sled. what im saying is shes comfortable on the xm so why fawk with that.

im in no way saying one cant spend a week and become a super star on another sled. but whyyyyy waste that time. maybe if your going to gain something but your not. all your going to gain by TRYING to learn the pro rmk is saving 500$ on the purchase price and then losing 2000 to do upgrades to it. JMO

I actually agree. Each person will have a comfort zone, and some sleds feel better. I think Rowdy is a really solid rider and has specific needs. Whatever machine you choose as long as it is meeting your needs that is all that matters.

Aww TMO.. I'm touched by your mention. ........ pass me a tissue.

Good luck Girl!! Glad you're out there finding what works for you!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It appears spiking her Tang with Doolaide has paid dividends.........:spy:

Top Bottom