Reaction score
I am in need of some
New dirtbiking boots. My Thors started to fall apart. So looking to
Try something Different. Opinions?

Sent from my mobile telephone

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Jett boots. Really like them, no break in time and very comfortable.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did you get them? I had a look on their website ad I like the way the brag up the lightweight and durability of them.

Sent from my mobile telephone

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sidi boots are the best I have ever owned I bought the chargers I wanted the crossfires but they just Did not fit my feet right tried the chargers on and they felt perfect right from the start zero brake in time with the hinged ankle support wore them for 8-10 hours day for the next two days ridding in the dunes feet felt great after using them or a season they look almost new very little foot peg damage to the soles and they are. Way more waterproof than my tech 6's ever were. Well worth the money
payed 330 for the chargers I think the crossfires were 410 ( rexburg idaho )

ABOMB177

Reaction score
rocking my fox F3's for three years only having to replace one strap. Great boots with no break in and very little wear.

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I use to like alpine stars but the new buckles are crap. They are so hard to unfasten and lock in. Really disappointing. I have the Gaerne boots and they work really well. Pivoted like the Sidi for quick break in and comfy fit. Sidi boots are also highly rated.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Blackfoot, I hate going there or sending anyone there but it was the only dealer with Jett. They are insane light and very comfortable yet provide excellent protection like a standard leather boot.

torkd

Reaction score
Depending on the terrain, how much you ride and what you want to spend, Alpinestar tech 8's are awesome. Bought mine last year and rode pretty much every weekend; their still in tact. Ive never had Gaerne but those might be the next boot ill try. See if they last as long and are as comfortable as the tech 8's.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Tech 3's. First boot I ever bought and they are OK. I'll ride them until they fall apart but I'll definitely look for something nicer then. They are not waterproof at all, the flex sucks, the buckles are tough to do up but do stay done up, the soles are getting thrashed by the pegs and brake lever, but they are pretty comfy. I will look for more of an offroad sole next time as the moto sole just doesn't cut it in the muddy ugly stuff. All in all I am happy with them considering they were well under $200.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to like alpine stars but the new buckles are crap. They are so hard to unfasten and lock in. Really disappointing. I have the Gaerne boots and they work really well. Pivoted like the Sidi for quick break in and comfy fit. Sidi boots are also highly rated.

I like the same... garne sg10 great buckles and guys with big feet can still get into them

krazy c

Reaction score
I have a new set of Alpinstar tec 7 boots and are very comfortable boots but the straps are harder to get unbuckled. Other than that i really like the boots so far!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went cheap this time around - bought a set of Moose Racing boots from Motorcycle Superstore along with a bunch of stuff for my kids. Surprised how comfortable they are for the price. They're a bit tight on the calf for knee pads to fit inside though.

With the exchange rates and pricing difference - worked out really well.
I always try to support the (good) local dealerships, but tough some times with the pricing.

TRAV

Reaction score
Depends on the money you want to spend.... I have owned Fox F3's, Alpinestar tech 8's, tried some Sidi crossfires and now have a set of Gaerne SG-12. The Gaerne is the nicest boot I have ever owned! Would highly recommend them if you want to spend the money. If you want something a bit cheaper, the fox F3's are a good boot. The Sidi crossfires are nice, but more for a narrower foot....

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had my Alpinestars for 8 years and they are still in awesome shape.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boots are capable as having as much support as you need, or little to none.

I have had my Fox F3's for several years. They are a great boot with excellent ankle support. Not to many boots until recently did I find offered the same amount of protection.

That being said, I have short legs and I have always found the F3's taller and wearing knee braces doesn't leave a lot of room in the top of the boot.

I went in search of new boots this spring and the SIDI Crossfire's are likely one of the nicest boots I have worn. Having the hinge makes them feel like they are broken in almost from new. I also liked the Alpine Star Tech 8's. I found them to be a little shorter of a boot. Maybe an inch, but that inch equals a lot when wearing braces. Plus the 8 Lights are really light.

Personally I didn't feel as though there was enough support in the Tech 7's and I prefer the steel toe plates on the 8's, and Crossfires. I have never tried the Chargers.

If I was buying new boots tomorrow, it would be tough to decide between the Sidi Crossfire and Alpine Star tech 8 light.

F3's can be found decently priced if you check around. I know GW cycle in Calgary had them priced quite low last time I was in there.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like my fly mavericks......I know they get a bad rep because there not the most expensive boot out there but they fit nice and seem to be holding up great so far

mobgma

Reaction score
Bought AlpineStars Tech 3's. Great for MX/SX. Horrible for Enduro/Harescramble Riding. The latches get caked in mud and are impossible to get on off. Their Tech 10 premium boot uses the same buckling system. Again great for motorcross but horrible for any trail/ enduro riding IMO.

Switched to the extremely overpriced SIDI Crossfire SRS boots and bought the Trail/ Endure Soles and have never looked back. Will never use another boot ever again. The latching system is by far the best and are more waterproof/ splashproof (for an MX boot) than any boot I have worn. They obviously cannot be fully submerged. I will say the Gaerne SG12's handsdown (had but sold) offer more ankle side rolling protection than the SIDI's if some of you are more accident prone than others but the Gaernes were just to big, bulky and had little to no feeling in the shifter and brake for me. I like that every part is replaceable presuming it wears out. Have only needed to replace my right sole because of kick starting. After my rides/trips I go to the wand wash to carefully wash my bike. As I am washing my bike I wear these boots and clean them off at the same time. They are still in great shape but are more squeaky now.

Edit: One thing I will never skimp out on again is my helmet and my boots. Learned my lesson the hard way. The SIDI's are NOT for people with wide feet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom