Bikers.. Where's Your Favourite Place To Camp & Ride On May Long Weekends?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for some of the info guys :) Tex was mentioning that this SouthFork area isn't as particularily skeggy as others, and more harder clay terrain and what not.. if this is true, this is where I would like to go... plus its always good to go somewhere you know ther'es fellow Snow & Mudders.. ;)

Do ya think we will stand a good chance finding a spot on the Thursday evening out in that area prior to May long? Hoping we'll get out there between late afternoon to evening.....? Not too big of a group with me, and shouldn't be too many units, i'm suspecting my trailer, my buddies truck camper + toy trailer, and likely just some tenters.. but I dont know.

Again appreciate all the advice!

Thanks for the map too!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of peeps ride there bikes out there.

Just like any place before a long weekend its first come first served

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming Prairie Creek road and TWP 380 are the same road? I can't locate Prairie Creek rd on google map?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of peeps ride there bikes out there.

Just like any place before a long weekend its first come first served

Oh I know, but since you seem like you go out there lots, do you think my odds of getting in there on the Thursday early evening and finding a spot will be okay? Is the place quite big?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay, based on the rough directions I had (I can't find Prairie Creek road on google map), going off the TWP 380.. I've attached a map and circled an area off range road 85.. is this the Southfork staging area? Or i'm I way off? LOL sorry .. and thanks again.

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    46 KB · Views: 87

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
yep,same thing
haha, yeah yer just lookin fer parts. and ya don't see me lost. why do you insist on telling people to go down that road tex, it's way easier and all paved and faster if ya take hwy 11 west of sylvan, turn south on 22 totwp rd 380, west to rge rd 8-5 south 2 miles. i'm thinkin yer lost again.

I'm assuming Prairie Creek road and TWP 380 are the same road? I can't locate Prairie Creek rd on google map?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep that's it. But u have to keep going farther off the main road from Ur circle. U see where it bends and a big corner. That's the start of south fork.

Like I said after the Texas gate which is south of Ur circle as the map goes

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep that's it. But u have to keep going farther off the main road from Ur circle. U see where it bends and a big corner. That's the start of south fork.

Like I said after the Texas gate which is south of Ur circle as the map goes

Ohk cool thanks. so its range road 85 though.. that's the gravel road you were mentioning that you turn onto after the 2nd bridge on prairie creek/twp 380..so i just keep heading south on that until the texas gate. K cool. Think i've got it. Maybe we'll see ya out there ! You will know by my sig what my rig looks like.. lol white titan, white trailer, a red bike and a yellow bike.. lol. I'll try n get in touch with you while i'm out there.. if theres even any reception lol

allseason

Reaction score
little off topic lol but has anyone been to south fork in the last couple of days?was thinking on going tomorrow for a day or two was wondering if it was pretty wet out there yet.Or how it was in general, thanks

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cell service is at the power lines open area north side of the road on top of the hill ....

also where we plan to camp with arff up the hill hill from the blue bridge [ ways down the road ] its spotty but is there

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
little off topic lol but has anyone been to south fork in the last couple of days?was thinking on going tomorrow for a day or two was wondering if it was pretty wet out there yet.Or how it was in general, thanks
Was out there 2 weeks ago and it was great riding...bottoms of the skeg is (was) frozen still.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright well we will just have to take our chances with finding a spot, its not as if we need a huge area. I'm not really willing to take 3 days off work and spend 5 days out there and eat up all my vacation time, unfortunately. I'm sure finding a spot on Thursday would be much better then finding a spot Friday afternoon, so we just have to hope for the best I guess lol. I know last time we went down to rig street by Caroline, it was September long weekend, my friends uncle invited us out there and he has a couple holiday trailers and lived in Innisfail, he hauled the trailers out the weekend before to get a spot, it was a pretty good spot and we took up a good chunk of flat short grassy land right next to the river, but by the Friday afternoon we got out there, there was still more then enough room to find places to camp, and many kept coming in late into Friday evening... So i'm hoping, crossing my fingers we can fnd a place to squeeze but again i'm not really familiar with the Southfork area. But best I can do is aim to get there late Thursday afternoon.

Well as long as i can drive out somewhere for cell service if necessary then great, if not I don't much care other then I will have people meeting us and probably calling cuz they get lost or something. I will be sure to give them maps and directions lol.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can only get out on thursday afternoon, you'll getwhat ya get, not many places left i'm sure. it is the busiest long weekend of the year, you'll always have better luck anyother time of the year, people will be parked everywhere, pullin trailesr through swamps etc. bunk in with tex. just watch where ya step hehe.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you can only get out on thursday afternoon, you'll getwhat ya get, not many places left i'm sure. it is the busiest long weekend of the year, you'll always have better luck anyother time of the year, people will be parked everywhere, pullin trailesr through swamps etc. bunk in with tex. just watch where ya step hehe.

Lol Ur a funny guy.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haha yeah i'm not expecting we will get any VIP spots, but we will make do with what we can find when we get there. I wanted to try and hook up with Tex, but I think he's too intimidated of having a Bettie sister impose on his group for the weekend .. ;) lol.

We will cross our fingers and hope for the best, if we have to keep driving until we find something then so be it. We might have a couple other people and units coming too, so who knows.. we will have to wing it. I'm actually driving out there tomorrow to scope this place out, on the way to Nordegg to pick up and dewinterize my trailer. Just want to know exactly where I'm going come Thursday before the May long. Who knows.. if I get really ambitious maybe i'll haul the trailer out the sunday before and leave it there until the weekend...but i'd be pretty worried about leaving my brand new trailer out in the bush for a couple days and risk having some losers trash or steal it... pretty risky just to try and save a spot.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah i'm not expecting we will get any VIP spots, but we will make do with what we can find when we get there. I wanted to try and hook up with Tex, but I think he's too intimidated of having a Bettie sister impose on his group for the weekend .. ;) lol.

We will cross our fingers and hope for the best, if we have to keep driving until we find something then so be it. We might have a couple other people and units coming too, so who knows.. we will have to wing it. I'm actually driving out there tomorrow to scope this place out, on the way to Nordegg to pick up and dewinterize my trailer. Just want to know exactly where I'm going come Thursday before the May long. Who knows.. if I get really ambitious maybe i'll haul the trailer out the sunday before and leave it there until the weekend...but i'd be pretty worried about leaving my brand new trailer out in the bush for a couple days and risk having some losers trash or steal it... pretty risky just to try and save a spot.

We have done it before but with someone goes out everynight

If u wanted u could leave Ur trailer at my place. I live east of Rocky 10 min.
Unless u want to drag it home

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have done it before but with someone goes out everynight

If u wanted u could leave Ur trailer at my place. I live east of Rocky 10 min.
Unless u want to drag it home

Yeah its a pretty risky move, we wouldn't have anyone available to go and check on it every night. My parents live in Nordegg but still.. we will just have to take our chances with finding a spot somewhere Thursday. Sure it will be a lot better than trying to find a place Friday lol. We aren't that picky, as long as its somewhat level and not in a swamp i'm good, if we have to get nice n cozy with strangers and make new friends with neighbors then ohwell lol, shouldn't be too hard. I'll just offer them jello shooters and a couple rounds on the dual two way 2 litre beer bong and we're good to go lol.

Thanks for the offer but we have to bring the trailer home to get it ready and set up, and hoping to build and weld on a storage rack on the back of it next weekend. No room for generator and other things in the box of the truck with the bikes and gear, etc lol.

Top Bottom