Biggest Bonehead Moves

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of stupid "ooops" moments, but one that stands out recently happened at the Rasmussen Clinic in McBride:

We were actually done for the day and headed down the trail. I veered off and followed our guide through the trees. He successfully navigated most of the off-trail part, although I did see him pause on the slope below me and fool around for a minute before entering back onto the trail again. I was too high up to see what had made him stop and re-negotiate his line, so I continued on. When I got lower, I could see a tree in my path that wanted to suck the sled into it. So, I hopped over on my far left board to dig in that side and turn the sled away from the furry obstacle. Snow in the trees was deep, so I knew I would need some throttle to get things turning the right direction. I grabbed me a handful and went for it. I did make it past, but the tree grabbed my handle bar on the way by and ripped the bars out of my hands. This caused me to lose grip and fall off the boards just as the sled was making its way back onto the trail. The result: I managed to fly flat onto the trail and land face down. It happened so fast that I couldn't even get my hands out in front of me to keep my helmet from smashing the trail. Of course, when I looked up, about half of our group was standing there watching me pull my superman maneuver.... Duuuuhr. !

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have lots of stupid "ooops" moments, but one that stands out recently happened at the Rasmussen Clinic in McBride:

We were actually done for the day and headed down the trail. I veered off and followed our guide through the trees. He successfully navigated most of the off-trail part, although I did see him pause on the slope below me and fool around for a minute before entering back onto the trail again. I was too high up to see what had made him stop and re-negotiate his line, so I continued on. When I got lower, I could see a tree in my path that wanted to suck the sled into it. So, I hopped over on my far left board to dig in that side and turn the sled away from the furry obstacle. Snow in the trees was deep, so I knew I would need some throttle to get things turning the right direction. I grabbed me a handful and went for it. I did make it past, but the tree grabbed my handle bar on the way by and ripped the bars out of my hands. This caused me to lose grip and fall off the boards just as the sled was making its way back onto the trail. The result: I managed to fly flat onto the trail and land face down. It happened so fast that I couldn't even get my hands out in front of me to keep my helmet from smashing the trail. Of course, when I looked up, about half of our group was standing there watching me pull my superman maneuver.... Duuuuhr. !

now if i had a like button

CoyoteGirl

Reaction score
My worst is when I zigged instead of zagged and found myself going over a cliff at Baker and landing in a crevase. Nothing funny about it except after they gave me perc I started singing "If you're sexy and ya know it clap your hands" and went to clap but couldn't because both arms were buggered up. I'm sitting in the snow, all by myself because the guys are getting my sled out of the crevase, and I'm singing and giggling away.... high as a freaking kite. lmao

My funniest? Might be coming down of the hill one night and meet the groomer on the trail. He stopped to let me by, I stopped to say "THANKS SO MUCH" and when I leaned over I hit the reverse button, without my knowledge.... I go to leave and grab a handful of throttle and kiss the hood. I am pretty sure I heard "what a dork" hehehe.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my biggest bonehead move although didnt cost anything was first time with a sled that had perc and not realizing how snappy the 900 is put it in reverse (standing up on right side) tapped throttle lose balance wide open throttle ... new sled aimed at side of garage door ... fortunately i fell more off to the side and stopped in time...

Didn't know poo's had any power?!?! :p

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine wasn't that bad just looked stupid as hell. Was at MM in Mcbride 2 years ago. First day, just unloaded and going down the road to the trail. Going over the side of the road drift, hit it wrong and fell off and sled rolled on the ROAD.

I knew everyone who seen it was "OMG we are riding with HIM?" as it was my first time riding with everyone :p Ya some people here might remember that great moment! :d

Had another one like my 3rd or 4th ride ever. Going on a road around a icy corner to fast, rear end slid around and sled rolled in the driveway :d

I just say it's my trademark now to roll every sled I own. Hasn't failed yet.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Borrowed a Friends sled for a Rip one year. Hit a nice drift going uphill in Lucile and thought I would share my new found thrill. Flagged him down and said "watch this", went to pull just to the side of my last route and hit somebodys trench buried in the snow and rolled his sled, hitting me in the head, end over end. Nothing like calling a audience over for the wreaking of his sled. My luck is that he has some sence of humor.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the first one of my crew down that day. It was definitely not the first time that I loaded my sled on my deck, but on this particular day I must have felt that I needed a lot more throttle to get up the ramp than I really required! :nono: I came in way too hot, did a super sweet wheelie off the top of the ramp and onto the cab of my pickup! :wtg: The guys who were loading up beside me came running over and were asking if I was okay. I replied somewhat sheepishly that I was, I was more concerned with my pickup and sled! :eek: I don't think that they were expecting a female voice from under my helmet! I got my sled back onto the deck and surveyed the damage. I had cracked all of the welds on the headache rack of the deck and somewhat crushed the top of my pickup cab! :eek: Amazingly enough I had managed to not smash out the rear window or the brake light. :rolleyes: I bet those guys laughed all the way back to Saskatchewan! :ha_ha:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i came in way too hot, did a super sweet wheelie off the top of the ramp and onto the cab of my pickup! :wtg: The guys who were loading up beside me came running over and were asking if i was okay. I replied somewhat sheepishly that i was, i was more concerned with my pickup and sled! :eek: I don't think that they were expecting a female voice from under my helmet! I got my sled back onto the deck and surveyed the damage. I had cracked all of the welds on the headache rack of the deck and somewhat crushed the top of my pickup cab! :eek: Amazingly enough i had managed to not smash out the rear window or the brake light. :rolleyes: I bet those guys laughed all the way back to saskatchewan! :ha_ha:

need pictures

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my rule is: if its not on video or film it never happened.

I always have my camera ready for everyone else tho

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was the first one of my crew down that day. It was definitely not the first time that I loaded my sled on my deck, but on this particular day I must have felt that I needed a lot more throttle to get up the ramp than I really required! :nono: I came in way too hot, did a super sweet wheelie off the top of the ramp and onto the cab of my pickup! :wtg: The guys who were loading up beside me came running over and were asking if I was okay. I replied somewhat sheepishly that I was, I was more concerned with my pickup and sled! :eek: I don't think that they were expecting a female voice from under my helmet! I got my sled back onto the deck and surveyed the damage. I had cracked all of the welds on the headache rack of the deck and somewhat crushed the top of my pickup cab! :eek: Amazingly enough I had managed to not smash out the rear window or the brake light. :rolleyes: I bet those guys laughed all the way back to Saskatchewan! :ha_ha:

whoa whoa whoa. easy there tiger, why you gotta beak saskatchewan?

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:headscratch3:

Hmmmm....not beaking Saskatchewan there tiger.....the dudes who witnessed the whole incident had Sask plates. ;)

ohhh gotcha!

My bonehead move would probably be loading up my sled the first time after putting superglides on the ramp.... they worked better than expected, in the end no damage done, but found my ski on top of my brothers track. :d:cool:

Last edited:

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My biggest bonhead move was Feb. '10. Saw this tree which looked like a few branches that had fallen over to make an arch.. Thought it would be fun to drive under it and knock the snow off. Well off we go get under it and it is hanging lower than thought. End results was a broken hood, speedo, tach, headlight and windshield. :confused:

061.jpg

064.jpg

063.jpg

067.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom