BIG PROBLEM which one!!

Reaction score
hello everyone

great site and great posts.

I live in the flatlands but riding here gets boring... I sold my APEX this year and have been looking at the 2012 Rmk Pro 155, Swithback 144 and the Assault 153.
A good part of my riding is local but I love the fresh powder and boondocking in the mountains. Very confused on what I should get, My Yamaha Apex was a 163 so I am used to the length.

About 60 percent flatlands and 40 percent mountains.

Which would you say is the best suited.

thanks everyone
will post pics when I pickup the sled.

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 155, its good for the mountains and flatlands but a 144 is just not long enough for the snow when its deep up here ya know

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember when the 141" was considered a long track because mountaing sleds used to have 136". Whatever you get will work good for you. On the deep fluffy days in the mountains you will definately want the longer track but don't think just because you have a 144" you can't ride it to the big hills.

Dragin

Reaction score
Go with the assault 155 then you'll have the suspension for ditch banging and the track for deeper stuff🍻 No matter which one you pick they're gonna feel nimble compared to a 163 apex!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recall when I got my first 144 everyone said i wouldn't beable to turn it, ride a 163 now haha. I would go with the 144, especially if 60% is flat riding. Just requires extra work

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just gotta decide what's more important to you, climbing or ditch banging. Either One will make you happy, if I could only have one sled I would get the 155" Assault, with the powder track, best of both!!! After riding an Apex the new Polaris will be a whole new experience.

Last edited:

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother just picked up a new 144 assault, and cant break 65 miles per hour, now part of that is the computer holding it back until its broken in, but something like that with a 2 inch track might not provide the speed that praire trails allow

Reaction score
:D Well Everyone thanks for the input.

I went today and looked for an Assault but could only find it in the red/black starburst pattern. Don't really want the stiff track so maybe I can trade or sell it for the RMK Pro track instead.
Seems everyone is SOLD out and is very hard to get an Assault these days. Anyway I will pickup Saturday and head to the mountains by the middle of next week. Valemount seems to have some good snow and I don't know if anyplace is closer. If you know of any please lemme know.

See you in the steep and deep.

Top Bottom