Big Mountain GP area

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mr cummins have you ever ridden in the Bid mountain system. As tha past Sign guy with the ASA im wondering if anyone has ever seen all the signs that the club has put up. Back in the late 70s tha government built those trails for snowmobiles and then abondoned them years later. Some snowmobile clubs claimed them and are trying to keep them going. I know with talking with GP club trail guy for that area its a fulltime job just trying to keep up to date on which trails are now oilfield access roads and such. Gov. lays out the trails and does nothing to protect them from development. There are a few guys trying hard to make the system work. Lots of quad traffic year round.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I have never been riding out there but I know where it is.
I have been here for three years now but came from only 15km away and still go up there to do my riding.
I was planning to take my quad out there last summer but never made it.

Also I didn't have a quad until last spring!

Safari Guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.wildkakwasafari.com
I've ridden Big Mnt several times, quads and sleds. Lots of skeg. there are 3 trail loops. A, B and C. A and B are way too muskeggy for ATV's C is for the most part good. Take extra cable, ropes etc as you will get stuck and often not much to hook too. On a dry year you can get to the Club cabin in the back 40. Good area to challenge yourself with mud and skeg. Last year a quader got sepperated from the group and they had to send out a search party to find him. If Big Mnt Creek is high you won't get across and thats where the trails are.

Top Bottom