Big Gun exhaust

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking to buy the BigGun F/S for my Sportsman 850XP. Just got a couple questions I'd like to run by yah Biggun owners here before I plop down my hard earned 500 bucks.

What tuner are you guys running on your bikes? The Big Gun programmer or the DynoJet PC-V?

Personally, I'd like to go with the PC-V and the auto-tune, but theres no option to get an Auto-tune ready exhaust from BigGun. Would they have it if I called in?

If I cant get the auto-tune, what map do you have? Can you post your settings here and let me know if its with the stock or K&N filter.

If you have the BigGun tuner, how do you like it? Did you adjust it much?

THNX!!

GWNBrute

Reaction score
i have a big gun on my brute force and i run power commander went onto the web site they didn't have my specific set up but ran with the closest thing I'm sure I'm missing a little power but its all they had. all in all simple to use and a big power difference

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking to buy the BigGun F/S for my Sportsman 850XP. Just got a couple questions I'd like to run by yah Biggun owners here before I plop down my hard earned 500 bucks.

What tuner are you guys running on your bikes? The Big Gun programmer or the DynoJet PC-V?

Personally, I'd like to go with the PC-V and the auto-tune, but theres no option to get an Auto-tune ready exhaust from BigGun. Would they have it if I called in?

If I cant get the auto-tune, what map do you have? Can you post your settings here and let me know if its with the stock or K&N filter.

If you have the BigGun tuner, how do you like it? Did you adjust it much?

THNX!!

You don't need an autotune ready exhaust(never heard of this before). All you need to do is drill a hole and weld a bung on to your pipe to hole the o2 sensor.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a big gun on my brute force and i run power commander went onto the web site they didn't have my specific set up but ran with the closest thing I'm sure I'm missing a little power but its all they had. all in all simple to use and a big power difference

True, this is what I did on my LT-R but mid range at a steady throttle it would crackle a bit until I richened it up some.

You don't need an autotune ready exhaust(never heard of this before). All you need to do is drill a hole and weld a bung on to your pipe to hole the o2 sensor.

With sport quads it's more common I guess. Some sites offered the header auto-tune ready. Does the Auto-tune kit come with everything needed to hook it up to your exhaust? Thanks!

I was also thinking about the BigGun tuner as they usually are pretty close to being pre-mapped to the new pipe.

GWNBrute

Reaction score
I noticed that about power commander it seem they have alot maps for the sport quads Raptor, 450's ect.. but not much for the 4x4 fans out there so maybe it better to go with the manufacturers tuner I don't know

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed that about power commander it seem they have alot maps for the sport quads Raptor, 450's ect.. but not much for the 4x4 fans out there so maybe it better to go with the manufacturers tuner I don't know

With Auto-tune set to learning mode, you cant beat the PC-V. However if getting the O2 sensor on is just another added cost, I think the BigGun tuner may be my best bet.

Though I am not the biggest fan of Dobeck controllers, my buddy had a terrible experience with his Dobeck built HMF tuner.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With Auto-tune set to learning mode, you cant beat the PC-V. However if getting the O2 sensor on is just another added cost, I think the BigGun tuner may be my best bet.

Though I am not the biggest fan of Dobeck controllers, my buddy had a terrible experience with his Dobeck built HMF tuner.

The auto tune comes with everything necessary to use, all that is needed is to have someone weld the bung on your exhaust pipe. You can then screw the o2 sensor into that bung. All in the PcV and auto-tune is gonna run you around $600 or so. If you know someone that can weld they can drill the hole and put the bung in and you are done.

I have also heard mixed reviews on ATV's with the auto-tune. Some say they don't tune very well like they do on bikes, but I have no experience with them so can't say for sure.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The auto tune comes with everything necessary to use, all that is needed is to have someone weld the bung on your exhaust pipe. You can then screw the o2 sensor into that bung. All in the PcV and auto-tune is gonna run you around $600 or so. If you know someone that can weld they can drill the hole and put the bung in and you are done.

I have also heard mixed reviews on ATV's with the auto-tune. Some say they don't tune very well like they do on bikes, but I have no experience with them so can't say for sure.

Probably should just get the PC-V and take it in for a professional tune. Screw the auto-tune if it doesn't work good. I'll take your word for it.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably should just get the PC-V and take it in for a professional tune. Screw the auto-tune if it doesn't work good. I'll take your word for it.

Like I say, don't actually know anybody with it but have heard rumors on other forums that it isn't the greatest. If nothing else get the pcV then get it dyno tuned. That will give you the best performance available.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I say, don't actually know anybody with it but have heard rumors on other forums that it isn't the greatest. If nothing else get the pcV then get it dyno tuned. That will give you the best performance available.

Exactly, I understand what your saying. I don't want to take a risk, and it makes good sense. I'll go with a professional tune.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
power commander by far is the better controller. but for an application like this I would probably go with the big gun as it should be pre set for the quad.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
power commander by far is the better controller. but for an application like this I would probably go with the big gun as it should be pre set for the quad.

Thats what I'm leaning towards, though Dynojet is a better built product with more adjustments.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where can a guy take his quad to get dynoed around the edmonton area?

Seing as how you got yourself a BruteForce, go to Cycleworks on 75st. I believe to dyno tune it's $99/hr there.

Top Bottom