Big bores to turbo

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering who has best big bore kit for a turbo M 1000? Knowing that D&D, BMP, Twisted, OVS, and Boondocker offer a 1200, and Cutlers 1300 should work, but it hasnt enough hours on it yet for him to say so. If there is one that outshines the rest I would appreciate hearin about it. Thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering who has best big bore kit for a turbo M 1000? Knowing that D&D, BMP, Twisted, OVS, and Boondocker offer a 1200, and Cutlers 1300 should work, but it hasnt enough hours on it yet for him to say so. If there is one that outshines the rest I would appreciate hearin about it. Thanks

Find out what Brad Story runs in his TM1200. You can also talk to Brian at Canadian Power Machines and see what he is running and what he recommends (he knows his ch!t), or talk to Shain at Twisted directly.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to them all with the exception of Mr. Story, and they all claim to run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, and come out drier than the rest. Wonderin about what peoples first hand experiences have been.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to them all with the exception of Mr. Story, and they all claim to run faster, jump higher, dive deeper, and come out drier than the rest. Wonderin about what peoples first hand experiences have been.

I've seen Brian's sleds for the last 10 yrs, even had some short seat time on a couple, they haul the mail, no question, I'd take my stuff to him if I lived there and was doing a turbo, and my dad does take his stuff to him because he lives there. He always been straight up and no BS, if he tells you it's going to work, then it's probably going to work. See if you can get Andy Nazaroff's # from the Krazy Canadian and give him a call, I'm pretty sure Brian built his sled also, TM1000, Andy could give you the goods on his work.

I also spent some time yrs ago with Brian and a 502 big block with blower and the guy knows his stuff. All i can say is I hope you don't think you are gonna pull it over at -20C. Get a mini torch and be prepped to preheat or start hitting the gym big time..... :d

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already have a D&D 1200 runnin 165lbs comp, was a little stiff one -26C morning at Allen, taught me the value of good quality starter rope. Will phone Brian in the mornin, such strong praise is worth a phone call at least.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Already have a D&D 1200 runnin 165lbs comp, was a little stiff one -26C morning at Allen, taught me the value of good quality starter rope. Will phone Brian in the mornin, such strong praise is worth a phone call at least.

Let me know what he says, I'm interested to find out.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If joey knows have him tell the rest of us! Brian was a good call. Must assess new information and decide course of action.

give Brad a call as well. He is really easy to talk to and will tell you straight up what has worked for him and what hasn't

pm me if you would like his number.

whittaker727

Reaction score
Hey Vern, I think your D&D stuff could be made to work, but the turbo and the N/A port timing are different. Brian does have some info though on a good clutching set up. From what I understand, he's running a Supreme tool secondary on his 1200 set up to run an M7 belt which is waaaay cheaper than the 060. Food for thought.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Wow that was a weekend to remember........or not!
catmando!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Vern, I think your D&D stuff could be made to work, but the turbo and the N/A port timing are different. Brian does have some info though on a good clutching set up. From what I understand, he's running a Supreme tool secondary on his 1200 set up to run an M7 belt which is waaaay cheaper than the 060. Food for thought.
Leavin the BDX 1200 alone for now Jason, want to find the best set of 1200 jugs for the 1000 turbo.

Heard Arctic Edge has good head mod for my N/A 1200 if I decide to twist its tail to boost.

Wow that was a weekend to remember........or not!
catmando!
That was only the 1000 turbo that weekend Lyle! The 1200 has few lbs compression than it.

If anyone was interested, Brian gave me a good bunch of improvements to make before/instead of doin the big 12.

bigdawg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going with a complete Arctic Edge 1200 turbo topend. Hope no 1160s beat me up!

Id be carful I hear Terra Alps 1160 kicks azz on all the other 1160's out there...chad @ CR told me its sick to watch it go...pulls like a freight train.....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
arctic edge with linderman or canadian power machines are both gonna be very very good choices they both really know there chit that is forsure

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both guys were extremely helpful. Would rather deal on this side of the border, not so much LAG and hassles for receiving products.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally enuff snow to tryout my Arctic Edge 1200 topend on my turbo. It works awesome. Already have had a D&D 1200, and the quality of workmanship between the two isn't even compareable. Thanks Brent!

Top Bottom