Better boards installation question

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
I just received them in the mail, I was wondering if anyone had any problems if they cut the entire length of the existing boards opposed to cutting out each hole individually. Seems to be a lot more work if you cut each one out. Its on the dragon 800 155".

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were cut out completely on my M1000 when I bought it and didn't seem to cause any problems. I've since replaced them with Fuboards though.

aceofspades9963

Reaction score
Yea I just did the right side and cut everything out with a multi cut and it seems fine . I'm only 170lb so I shouldn't bend it thanks for the advice.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone I've ever talked to said to cut out the whole area as opposed to separate portions. I just did my REV and 3 rides so far and no problem. It's a bid of weird felling cutting into a perfectly good tunnel..... cut carefully! Gonna do my RMK here shortly too.:beer:

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did mine a few years ago when sno-eliminators first came out. One of the best upgrades yet.
I didn't even think about cutting the whole section out. I think back then most instructions showed guys cutting out the individual sections.
Didn't take too long but would have been much easier to do it in one shot. It's a big leap of faith cutting into the running board, especially when you know the cuts won't be as pretty as you'd like.
Good thing the inserts cover everything.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You probably have to cutout the whole thing due to the raised area's in your existing grip/ penetration pattern for them to sit flat. At least I know I had to on my m8

ajb1205

Reaction score
I installed a set of Feethookers on my 2010 Assault by cutting the entire board out. Much simpler and quicker imo. One nice thing about the Feethookers, though, is the extra tunnel support...they are rock solid. As plio7 stated, for the boards to sit flush, this is about the only option as the IQ boards have raised traction cleats along the entire surface.

LloydminsterPart-20121117-00311.jpg

LloydminsterPart-20121117-00310.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom