Best weight saving strategy for Nytro?

jockdoc

Reaction score
So here is a worthwhile topic. Obviously, the Yamaha Nytro is a bit heavy. Not outrageous, but a tad beefy. What strategies have you guys used to chop some weight, and at what cost? So, what does $1000 invested save for weight? $2000? $3000? Clearly we all ride turbo or supercharged sleds, so lets leave HPs out of it. I am mainly curious about skids, suspension changes, seats, tunnels, and so on. I know for $8000, you can chop a 100lbs by going to a carbon fiber tunnel, but that is pricey. What is the best bang for the buck to save, say, 50lbs, or so forth.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So here is a worthwhile topic. Obviously, the Yamaha Nytro is a bit heavy. Not outrageous, but a tad beefy. What strategies have you guys used to chop some weight, and at what cost? So, what does $1000 invested save for weight? $2000? $3000? Clearly we all ride turbo or supercharged sleds, so lets leave HPs out of it. I am mainly curious about skids, suspension changes, seats, tunnels, and so on. I know for $8000, you can chop a 100lbs by going to a carbon fiber tunnel, but that is pricey. What is the best bang for the buck to save, say, 50lbs, or so forth.

Im going with Kmod skid. Skinz lightweight seat. Airframe boards. Skinz 4" forward front end.not sure if front end saves any though.

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear of alot of guys deleting the front rad (if you have a large tunnel cooler) wich saves a bit with the rad and fluids weight gone from the front end, Light weight battery etc. I also deleted my head light just for better air to my intercooler.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mountain Mod Seat is a nice weight savings, If you are running a turbo get rid of the muffler and do a tunnel dump, Don't do the light weight battery like Mother Trucker says because when it gets cold the battery gets to weak to start the sled.

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear of alot of guys deleting the front rad (if you have a large tunnel cooler) wich saves a bit with the rad and fluids weight gone from the front end, Light weight battery etc. I also deleted my head light just for better air to my intercooler.

I guess I better bring the booster cables next weekend if you are running that little battery. :p

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the cat skid at $750, think it was 30lbs saving if i remember right, gen II's are brutal heavy went back to OEM for now, headlight delete, tunnel dump, removed rear plastics around seat cover, remove side cover foam etc. Dont think my z bros saved jack.
would like to do a seat and hood next. Biggest savings i always look at is my weight, I am probably as lite on the hill as some XP's out there, but cant fight my way out of a wet paper bag

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I said some guys are doin it ya dink!! Haha i'd never do the light weight batt for the reason you said, or the rad delete but it is a big weight saver!! I didnt recomend it though!! Smarten up lol. Im gonna have to slap ya when I see ya now next weekend! Great!
Mountain Mod Seat is a nice weight savings, If you are running a turbo get rid of the muffler and do a tunnel dump, Don't do the light weight battery like Mother Trucker says because when it gets cold the battery gets to weak to start the sled.

Last edited:

samsquatch47

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.powermerchants.ca

CR makes the only carbon fiber tunnel I know of. It's not a 100 pound weight savings though. You would have to have an entire carbon fiber chassis for that weight loss, which nobody makes lol. I wish C3 Powersports had some interest in the Nytro then we all could actually lose a bunch of weight off these sleds. :(

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I knew someone with a scale I have lost track of all the weight savings on mine but the list is Timbersled front and rear,Ice age rails,Two wheel kit,tunnel dump off turbo,CR tunnel,Skinz seat,Rad delete,When I first built it in 08 with only MCX installed and timersled skid it was 625lbs wet, Wonder if I'm 100 lbs less now?.

Oh and a side note the Camo Extreme 162 was lighter than the stock 153 Maverick track but cant remember by how much anymore.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

weight watchers....lol

Top Bottom