Best way to spend $5000 on a Nytro

Apextenn

Reaction score
I was just wondering in your opinions what is the best way the spend $5000 grand on a 2009 Nytro with stage II Powderlites kits other then that stock. Right now i am thinking of the most i can get for that money and so far thinking new skid (Timbersled, Kmod), Challenger extreme 162X2.5X15, Possibly Boost It system or something else to replace the RB3 as it seems to be a weak point in the powderlites system. Avid Drives and not sure what else i can get for $5000 dollars. Just wondered from experiance what is the best bang for the buck for the nytro??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering in your opinions what is the best way the spend $5000 grand on a 2009 Nytro with stage II Powderlites kits other then that stock. Right now i am thinking of the most i can get for that money and so far thinking new skid (Timbersled, Kmod), Challenger extreme 162X2.5X15, Possibly Boost It system or something else to replace the RB3 as it seems to be a weak point in the powderlites system. Avid Drives and not sure what else i can get for $5000 dollars. Just wondered from experiance what is the best bang for the buck for the nytro??

$5000 and the Nytro might get you into a nice used XP................just kidding. Lol.

Apextenn

Reaction score
True enough but then the crank goes redo the engine etc etc and pretty soon that 5000 dollar sled cost 10000 and still wont touch the nytro

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Seriously the best thing you can do for that sled is a Skinz front end kit to improve the handling and change out that rear suspension I went with a K-Mod. You can boost that thing to the moon but it's not going to change the way that thing handles. You have to solve the dart and dive and change that approach angle and then you have something rideable on par with anything out there.

I know I ride one!

Jan

Apextenn

Reaction score
But i do have one as a backup sled/GF sled i meant and i prefer the 100 lbs less of digging especially when she is driving it buries the back end then looks at me like how did that happen

Apextenn

Reaction score
So what kinda price are you looking at for the KMOD and a a skinz front end as well what type of shocks would you go with on the front and back heard that the fox floats are by far the lightest but that the raptors are superior

big_red1a

Reaction score

Think you are on the right track, those are all great upgrades problem is 5 large dont get you far! But you will have a fun reliable sled at the end that will keep you smiling. Just slowly plug away at it IMHO start with the track, skid and drivers. You seem to know the best replacments.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the Fox Evol R's on the front and the Raptor's on the back. The Skinz front end kits that we sell are priced at $1050.00 with out the shock package the K-Mod rear suspension came as part of my Black package. Skinz has come out with some Black package pricing if you give me a bit I will post that up for you that will be the bast bang for your buck.

Jan

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Black "Micro" - $4949.95/msrp plus gst and shipping
Under tunnel exhaust – Ceramic
Freeride Seat
Float Plate
AirFrame Hood
AirFrame Running Boards
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
AirFrame Tunnel Rack
FreeRide Handlebars
Chromolly “T” Top Steering Post
4” TXR Riser – Yamaha
Concept Front Suspension with Fox Float 2 Front Shocks (can be upgraded to Evol R)
Hand Warmers/Hand Grips
Black "Midway" $9349.95/msrp plus gst and shipping
Freeride Seat
Float Plate
AirFrame Hood
AirFrame Running Boards
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
FreeRide Handlebars
4” TXR Riser – Yamaha
Concept Front Suspension with Float 2 Front Shocks (can be upgraded to Evol R)
Camoplast Challenger Extreme Track 153”
OFT Racing Wheels & Axle Kit
Timbersled Rear Suspension – w/Fox –External Reservoirs Incl. Rails
Hand Warmers/Hand Grips
Black "MAX" $12649.95/msrp plus gst and shipping
Freeride Seat
Float Plate
AirFrame Hood
AirFrame Running Boards
Front Bumper
Rear Bumper
AirFrame Tunnel Rack
FreeRide Handlebars
4” TXR Riser – Yamaha
Concept Front Suspension with Evol R Front Shocks
Super Chrome Reinforced Sub Frame
Camoplast Challenger Extreme Track 153”
OFT Racing Wheels & Axle Kit
LED Tail light complete with all wiring in custom aluminum tubing under tunnel
Timbersled Rear Suspension – w/Fox –External Reservoirs Incl. Rails
C&A MTX Skis
Hand Warmers/Hand Grips
Ceramic Coated Header
“Black” Decal Kit

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I would definitely add the Boost It system to your Nytro. You will then always have a big smile when your riding and your friends will want to ride with you again. Anyone looking for a RB3 box, wiring and Software, I have one for sale, and Im sure there will be another when Apexten reads this post.

Last edited:

Apextenn

Reaction score
Haha ya i have heard that it really wakes powderlites kit question for you Ron what do you have to do to upgrade from the stage 2 to stage 3 powderlites kit seeing that the Boost it system should take care of the fuel??? Also do you run a mixture of race fuel with the Stage 3. Luckly i have a Yamaha Apex with a stage 1 MPI kit that the RB3 should work good on.

Apextenn

Reaction score
Quick question Jan what are the weight savings of each these packages over stock?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Jan,

Can you also give us pricing on the individual pieces.
If a guy just wants to do a little at a time.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Here are the cost of the individual Skinz parts. I can't price out the parts that come from other manufacturers as that is pricing that comes from them to Skinz and couldn't be purchased from Skinz/us outside the packages. For example we can buy say an Airframe hood outside of a Black package but we couldn't order a Camoplast Challenger Extreme Track from them outside of a package...make sense?

Under tunnel Exhaust- ceramic - $500.00
Freeride Seat Kit - $550.00
Float Plate - $140.00
Airframe Hood - $550.00
Airframe Running Boards - $525.00
Front Bumper - $155.00
Rear Bumper - $190.00
Airframe Tunnel Rack - $110.00
Freeride Handlebar - $99.00
Concept Front Suspension with Fox Float 2 Shocks - $1869.95

All pricing is plus GST and shipping

Jan

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
OKay the issue of weights.....the full on Black sled weighs about 580lbs wet. The silencer will save you about 5 lbs and the seat will save you about 9 pounds. Those are the 2 parts that will give you the most weight savings. The Airframe running board are more about functionality clearing that snow off those boards so that you can stay on. The hood will keep that engine cool in that heavy spring snow when you are playing around and your engine overheat light comes on and you have to stop and cool down your engine while the rest of your group gets to continue playing....oh yes all of this is the voice of experience...LOL!

The thing I can't stress enough about these sleds is boost or superchargers or whatever will not solve the handling issues these sleds have they are a very well balanced sled side to side but front to back they have issues in the extreme. This is because they are so "front heavy" their tendency is to dart and dive all over the place. What they want to do is dig the nose in and throw the rider off. It takes alot of rider input to make any change in sled direction. By stretching out that front end and moving those skiis out from underneath that engine you are better distributing that weight front to back and totally changing the geometry of the sled. The sled will then make better use of rider input and you will be able to go where your buddies are taking their M series and Pro's and beyond.

The other huge change that I have made in my sled is the rear skid changing it to a K-Mod with a Raptor Shock and changing out that track. The original approach angle on that track was about 24 degrees with those changes I have dropped it drastically. Hopefully digging those trenches will be a thing of the past.

Here's the deal I love my Nytro but I was becoming increasingly frustrated with the way it handles to the point that one of 2 things was going to happen I was either going to a) quit riding or b) get a different sled. I have very high hopes with all the changes that we have made to this sled and let's face it with the amount of coin that has been dropped into this sled it better perform!!!!

Jan

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
It's really hard to say it nicely, but there are 2 kinds of Powderlite Nytro's...The ones that have Boost-It installed, and the ones that need Boost-It installed. Just ask the 50 or so guys that have switched and see if they regret it.
If extra injectors were not the best way to go for these sleds, then MCX would not be doing it.

Apextenn

Reaction score
One question is obviously the Boost it system works on the powderlites stage three but what other upgrades have to be done to go to stage 3 also I am somewhat mechanically inclined but how much work is it to install minus the welding of the injector ports and are how booked up are you guys??

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
One question is obviously the Boost it system works on the powderlites stage three but what other upgrades have to be done to go to stage 3 also I am somewhat mechanically inclined but how much work is it to install minus the welding of the injector ports and are how booked up are you guys??
We change the fuel regulator and the chinese boost controller. If you don't have the high pressure pump, then you need one of those too, but it's likely there.
The install is pretty basic actually. If you send us your intercooler we would have it back to you with the rest of the kit within a week.

Top Bottom