Best Tunnel Rack/Gas Caddy for 154" XP??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x3 on the track rack mine is awesome cans dont come off even on the gnarliest of whooped out trails and tumbling a few times they stay on great product

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is everyone losing their Brp cans? Is it straps, rivets coming out or what? I've never losted one..... Yet!

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brp can came off last week as well,rivets came out of tunnel, lucky i had a buddy behind me to see it come off.
Have picked up a few over the years on the trail,always found the owner riding back loking for it,:d

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a dr either but I sure love the doo OEM can. Fits great, doesn't move, looks good. Doesn't snag anything when you get crazy climbing and put your feet back there, easy to get on and off. Just works really good. Only think, put a cable through it when you lock your sled up, others like this tank as well.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brp can came off last week as well,rivets came out of tunnel, lucky i had a buddy behind me to see it come off.
Have picked up a few over the years on the trail,always found the owner riding back loking for it,:d

Don't use rivets for the tunnel attachments, you have to use little bolts with backup washers. Sorry, this was well known in 08 when they came out but I guess it's been forgotten again. Or use steel rivets with steel washers (not Aluminium ones). Or use stainless steel rivets or stainless bolts if you don't like to see rust. And an air operated rivet gun or one with longer handles.

I use mine for a foot support when I climb, I put my 220lbs weight and stand on the handle with one foot. Probably not manufacture recommended use of the tank but it hasn't got loose or come off, and if my fat axx is any test, it passed.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't use rivets for the tunnel attachments, you have to use little bolts with backup washers. Sorry, this was well known in 08 when they came out but I guess it's been forgotten again. Or use steel rivets with steel washers (not Aluminium ones). Or use stainless steel rivets or stainless bolts if you don't like to see rust. And an air operated rivet gun or one with longer handles.

I use mine for a foot support when I climb, I put my 220lbs weight and stand on the handle with one foot. Probably not manufacture recommended use of the tank but it hasn't got loose or come off, and if my fat axx is any test, it passed.

x2. Once it's bolted on with nylon lock nuts, it holds great. I've used them on my revs and xps (4 sleds total) and never lost one yet with lots of whooped trail miles and a couple good roll-overs. The first set on my first rev came riveted and they did loosen, so I could see that causing a failure, but once bolted they are fine.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna bump this oldie up to the top, as I'd like to see some more DIY solutions to our POS fuel caddies from BRP. I've been lucky and caught mine trying to make an escape 3 times so far. A little bummed out as I just purchased it a month ago for my REV and that's 3 of the 4 days I've taken it riding...

I like the Mountain Addiction system but cringe at the $ (I know, I know. Get what you pay for...) but some of these home-build jobs are quite well done and I like to tinker in the garage.

Top Bottom