Best Trailer Size for 3 Sleds

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of enclosed trailers - one is a 17' stock trailer but it only has 6'-2" of clear width inside - the other is a single axle enclosed cargo trailer with about 12'-6'' length inside by about 6'-8'' width (it is 7' high inside). I'm thinking of selling both of them and putting the money towards one good all around dual axle enclosed cargo trailer. What size would be best for fitting 3 sleds?

I haul other stuff from time to time and need a high clearance inside as I have a small diesel tractor and the roll bar is quite high and does not fold. Most snowmobile trailers look quite low.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a RVT8.5X19 Haulmark, can haul 3 easy. i was suprised there is still enough room to walk around between machines with out crawling over the sleds. Going to do the heater thing once spring comes around for next year. Door is high enough for side by side.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a RVT8.5X19 Haulmark, can haul 3 easy. i was suprised there is still enough room to walk around between machines with out crawling over the sleds. Going to do the heater thing once spring comes around for next year. Door is high enough for side by side.

My single axle is a Haulmark and seems to be well built. Love the heater idea. I have gone dirt biking in Moab, Utah a few times and it would be nice to have a cargo trailer that had a couple of drop down bunks so if you are really tired and don't want to drive back to town to a motel then you could crash for the night in the trailer.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the 21ft, there's just a bit more room for hauling three big tracks, you will not notice any difference towing or in price, and if you ever sell it the, resale should be easier (maybe not higher, but easier)!

spikeydave

Reaction score
I just bought the Haulmark RVT8.5x22 with the extend height roof and love it. It has enough room to haul 3 long track without any issue and room to move around, it hauls like there is nothing there even in high cross winds I hardly noticed it. I got the heater package and would go without heat as it sure is nee to have warm sleds and a warm place to either have a drink or wrench on some equipment after sledding. I wanted to see what kind of time I could get on a 30lb tank in -20c weather and ran the heater from the time we loaded up after riding until we unloaded, got over 60 hours on one bottle. Good luck on your ventures.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say a 21 or 22 footer would be the perfect size for you.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.
I'm sure there will be times that I haul a combination of things like 2 sleds and 2 dirtbikes or the tractor and a Quad so bigger will probably be better.
Don't have horses anymore so I don't have to worry about the mess left by the byproducts of digestion...

Top Bottom