Best Tires?

drfat4

Reaction score
So I only have like 10% tread left on my tires and I'm sick of it, get stuck in a puddle on a paved road they're so bald, so what do you think the best multi-purpose tires are, ones that will drift, but not get stuck in an inch of mud? Oh and also not too much money, thanks!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I only have like 10% tread left on my tires and I'm sick of it, get stuck in a puddle on a paved road they're so bald, so what do you think the best multi-purpose tires are, ones that will drift, but not get stuck in an inch of mud? Oh and also not too much money, thanks!

I'd imagine you still want to keep some kahoomba on your quad for going fast and picking up speed without waiting a million years (for example, bear claws... might be too heavy for sporty riding) so you might want to downsize a tire size from what your EX came with. Also, a flatter profile will hook up nicer and make drifting easier as well.

As far as cheap goes, you can usually find Kenda tires for reasonable prices and they are still good, look at what Joe Byrd raced with on his TRX!!

I'd say the Kenda KutterXC tires would fit your bike nicely, do the 20" in the rear and 22" in the front. It will give it a nice responsive stance, and plenty of hook-up and thiner sidewall and less "balloon" like compaired to the stock EX tires (makes for nice controllable drifts)

Don't get the "sticky" tires, they wear out quicker.

Maxxis Zillas are a great all terrain tire.

Dude... He's on a 300EX, you don't put 4X4 quad tires on a sport quad, those will eat up your clutch big time.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i were you I'd put Maxxis Razors or Razor 2s on it they aren't the cheapest tire but they last ridiculously long i know from experience. I got a set and they were 60-70% tread left four years later and i rode A LOT. And they hook up really well and do pretty good in the mud

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a lot of racing quads and my favoirite tire for everything was the holeshot HD. They hook up well and last along time.

Top Bottom