Best suspension for turbo

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would like to know what others are using to keep high horsepower M units on the hill. Watched a 09 snopro blowout after low speed foot high taillanding this afternoon. Not much hope for 300lb riding style!

dooski

Reaction score
Check out Daryl Bakers new suspension and I think he is onto something awesome! His # is4032548686

Terra Alps Racing inc.

Reaction score
Would like to know what others are using to keep high horsepower M units on the hill. Watched a 09 snopro blowout after low speed foot high taillanding this afternoon. Not much hope for 300lb riding style!

I would think someone pulled out the cross shafts from the rear suspension, letting it bow out. try it first.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
ya Racers Edge rear arm setup couples the suspension like the M10 does and at a better price . you use stock rails and front arm assembly and just change out the back arm .. ::: Welcome to Specialty Sleds ::: in parts / suspension for pictures

Thanks Eric

Last edited:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both crossshafts are in place. Will post pics tomorrow. Am interested in checking out a Nextech setup.

dooski

Reaction score
Yes sireee, I think he uses the same rails and has a new adjustable shock that is easy to adjust on the trail. Can anyone that bought his suspension put a picture of it on here thanks

BOOSTED

Reaction score
I have put in a timbersled skid with Float x shocks
Love it.. its squats like a vette pokes the skis up about 12" climbs on top of the snow and launches hard... Rides like a dream
Set up perfectly for 12lbs of CPC boost

Dr. K

Reaction score
Running almost the same setup as Boosted. 12-14psi on a timbersled skid with float x shocks. Finally had a day yesterday to play around with the adjustments/limiterstraps/and pressures. Lots of adjustments you can make to fine tune it. Got it dialed just after lunch yesterday and IMO that skid makes all the difference in the world running boost. Awesome purchase, although I would have bought the EXIT shocks if I had the option when I bought the skid. I have EXITS on the front and I love them and they handle the abuse better than the floats.

Sparx

Reaction score
Kmod and OVS have some great ideas at great prices as well for the new Cat skids. Just for wheelies I would do the OVS for under $400 and for ride/wheelie combo I would do the Kmod. Lots of options with the kmod too, check their website out....

4mcntrls

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OVS/Simmons are working on a whole suspension as well. Travis and Garr have them on both of their turbo's and they seemed to work very well when we rode them last week. Hopefully they have them in production soon

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had 3 K-Mods, got to R&D the new coil over GenII. Have a set of Exit 1 3/4" in a 174" skid. A rear skid with a set of revalved Fox. Haven't found one that compared to my K-Mod in a 1M skid. So far the Exits are providing the best ride. Thinking the Baker skid will be the one or Timbersled with Exits if price isn't too outrageous.

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Asked lots of people lots of questions, and came full circle, K-Mod being the choice of peeps running high HP and 174s. Stock skid with good shocks worked until the HP started getting close 300 then nothing would keep the nose down. Others running similar sleds have switched to the K-Mod from thier previous aftermarket favorites because it works better I am told. Should be here in a week. Finally will get to unleash the beast!

oly

Reaction score
Honestly.. I have a 162" camo extreme 2.5" on my M1000 08 snow pro and im pushing 290HP and I havn't found a to bad of problem of the nose coming up or going squirly. Maybe Mountain Magic set something up under there that I dont know of but as I know everything is stock. And so far I have not noticed anything bottoming out or any extreme wheelie effects. I'm just wondering because everybody talks about these things happening and getting new shocks and or skids and mind seems pretty decent right now. A little bit of the skis in the air through out, but then I just ride the track up hill!:beer:

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock worked fine with 174 2.5 inch and turbo 1000 right up to 18lbs. Added different shocks to help deal with fade issues. Changed when the 3 incher and the 1200 kit turned up. 2.5 seemed to spin more than the 3, obviously, and changes suspension setup considerations dramaticaly. Going to throw some taller gears in it for chits and giggles (59-61 to 63-57)! It's along way down out the back door in a 174 wheelie on something steep, if you've been there you know, would rather roost over the top.

Last edited:

oly

Reaction score
Thanks! Ya I can see with the the 3" and long track it can get away from a guy quick! I do notice it but I don't think it's to bad... BUT I havn't rode somebody's with suspension and skid to really determine the diff. Although I have been told that it is Night and day.. So I am going to put in a Timber skid this off season with maybe those exit shocks. Headin up again Tomorrow to Valemount to attack some of the fresh stuff!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New K-Mod is in. 174" coil over "Big Boy" setup. Wouldn't believe the difference in sled. Cann't wait for the hill to try out.
goggles and k-modf 017.JPG

goggles and k-modf 021.JPG

goggles and k-modf 020.JPG

goggles and k-modf 016.JPG

Top Bottom