Best skid for m series

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and will be sending my motor away for a big bore and some spray:d Now I'm wondering about some different rear suspension setups and just wondering if anyone has some opinions or info on some different skid setups??

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i WAS THINKING OF DOING THE TIMBERSLED SKID SINCE THEY ARE ONLY LOCATED AN HOUR AWAY AND HEARD REAL GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM BUT THEN I HEARD TODAY FROM A GUY IN EDMONTON THEY HAD SOME ISSUES WITH SOME OF THE PARTS BENDING JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HEARD ANYMORE ON THE BENDING ISSUES i NEVER HAVE UNTIL NOW

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i WAS THINKING OF DOING THE TIMBERSLED SKID SINCE THEY ARE ONLY LOCATED AN HOUR AWAY AND HEARD REAL GOOD THINGS ABOUT THEM BUT THEN I HEARD TODAY FROM A GUY IN EDMONTON THEY HAD SOME ISSUES WITH SOME OF THE PARTS BENDING JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE HEARD ANYMORE ON THE BENDING ISSUES i NEVER HAVE UNTIL NOW

yeah i heard that rumor too. but my friend is a big guy on a turbo nytro and those things are tanks he beats the **** out fo it and hasnt broken anything.

have one on our xp and no problems either. we ride hard.

if you hit rocks things break. same goes for stock.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger and will be sending my motor away for a big bore and some spray:d Now I'm wondering about some different rear suspension setups and just wondering if anyone has some opinions or info on some different skid setups??

Isn't the M skid an airshock skid? Don't think Timbersled would be much of an improvement. Racers Edge or M-10 seems to be the only ones that don't transfer too much. I put a Racers Edge in my T-nytro. Nice piece but haven't ridden in yet to give a real opinion.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't the M skid an airshock skid? Don't think Timbersled would be much of an improvement. Racers Edge or M-10 seems to be the only ones that don't transfer too much. I put a Racers Edge in my T-nytro. Nice piece but haven't ridden in yet to give a real opinion.

I made a typo guys. I am putting the Kmod on not the Timbersled. I had Timbersled on my mind when I was typing. Sorry for the confusion.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya everything will eventually break from abuse but ya i'm thinking of timbersled real good price and nice weight savings being only a 175 lbs I shouldn't really have to worry about bending or breaking anything lol

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kmods gen 1 was an awsome skid especially for the larger rider. His gen 2 which can be purchased complete with rails and wheels will be even better. I am the canadian distributor for kmod if anyone is interested, please feel free to pm me.

Absolute Power

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Look at NEXTECH I have run my carbon fiber mono skid for 1000 miles. Curt said if I did'nt like it I could give it back. It took 2 rides and I paid him. Increadable large bump performance and it keeps the front end DOWN. I run a 2 stroke turbo at 14psi and believe me it works. They have a billet aluminum version available this year for about $900 less. I will post the aluminum version on my website in a couple days.Welcome to Absolute Power

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My vote is for timbersled .....Runnin it on my M7 and i havent heard many bad things about it and it seems to be one of the most popular ones out there.

Top Bottom