Best pocket HD video camera???

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been using pocket HD video camera's? The sony waterproof full HD HDR-GW77/V is rated pretty good
Just looking for something small and compact that shoots video quality as good as my hero3 black edition

Thanks

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may seem obvious, but why not just use your Gopro? Doesn't get a whole lot more compact than that, and good quality.

Sent from a Galaxy S3 far far away.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This may seem obvious, but why not just use your Gopro? Doesn't get a whole lot more compact than that, and good quality.

Can't zoom in, battery life is bad......I want a compact HD that has good zoom options

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Anyone been using pocket HD video camera's? The sony waterproof full HD HDR-GW77/V is rated pretty good
Just looking for something small and compact that shoots video quality as good as my hero3 black edition

Thanks

are you talking handy cam ? or action cam like the liquid image goggles or drift innovation..etc. the drift has a lcd screen and a rotating lens and a remote start stop etc. the liquid image goggles have a perfect point of view, watching anything else makes me dizzy...or are you looking for a HD handy cam??. i have a couple jvc HD 1080p handy cams and i think they they get the job done.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390281026.052128.jpg

Pocket HD camera is what I'm talking about......just like the thread states
Literally fits in your pocket! Lol
Needs to be small so it's easy to access and use quickly...... I have a larger sony handy cam but it's to large and clumsy.

Last edited:

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older samsung just like that and it comes with an external cam you can mount as well I did like it except for the cord for the external cam as well I found the zoom was really fast ... you would go to zoom in and BAM it was right in your face but other then that I really liked it and it took up no more room then a pack of smoke ... now ya got me thinking about buying another one lol oh and if I remember correctly the battery life was pretty good

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my Panasonic Lumix (can't remember the model, but its 2 or 3 yrs old so it's probably replaced anyways). It has some optical zoom and is "zoomable" while recording (some cameras are not) and records in 1080p. Smaller than a pack of smokes. I put a combo of helmet cam and hand-held stuff together all the time and it looks good.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use my Panasonic Lumix (can't remember the model, but its 2 or 3 yrs old so it's probably replaced anyways). It has some optical zoom and is "zoomable" while recording (some cameras are not) and records in 1080p. Smaller than a pack of smokes. I put a combo of helmet cam and hand-held stuff together all the time and it looks good.

Ya I'm sure there's some sweet new technology out in compact vid cameras.... I will go pick one up and try it out next trip... If it sucks you may see it forsale on here! Lol

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 165812

Pocket HD camera is what I'm talking about......just like the thread states
Literally fits in your pocket! Lol
Needs to be small so it's easy to access and use quickly...... I have a larger sony handy cam but it's to large and clumsy.

i keep mine in my pockets...jvc is good and cheap

Top Bottom