Best place to look for a vintage sled

Burns

Reaction score
I am looking for some insight on where to look for a vintage sled. I am looking for a mid to late 70's Polaris tx as a retirement gift for my dad. I have been looking on kijiji and other classified sights but no luck so far. Does anyone have an idea of where to look? Any feedback is appreciated. Mike

poo88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah they r hard to find apparently.. I've also been lookin for one too just for chits n giggles lol

Sent from a phone likely at work

WopOnTour

Reaction score
I am looking for some insight on where to look for a vintage sled. I am looking for a mid to late 70's Polaris tx as a retirement gift for my dad. I have been looking on kijiji and other classified sights but no luck so far. Does anyone have an idea of where to look? Any feedback is appreciated. Mike
I would watch kijiji and buy and sell websites. There's been a few TX free-airs pop up every now and then.
It's cool you're trying to track one down for your old man.Leave me a PM with your contact info and I'lll gladly get a hold of you if I run across one.

WOT

EDIT> found a couple on kijiji
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-ATVs-snowmobiles-snowmobiles-76-TX-440-W0QQAdIdZ344734762 This one's pretty rough (and therefore about double priced imo) but would be a decent candidtae for a restoration being a 440 (+ the parts sled)
BUT
This 250TX free-air would be the one I would buy they are pretty rare and it looks very do-able http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...wmobiles-75-Polaris-TX-250-W0QQAdIdZ344732101

The good news is there's a LOT of parts for these sleds including a strong reproduction scene, but if you're not inclined to do the resto yourself you can usually find one that's completed for $1500-$2500 (depending on various factors)

EDIT EDIT> HERE'S THE BEST DEAL I COULD FIND (but it's in SK) very good price for a 79 TX 440 Free-Air from what I can see in the pics! (and probably long gone, and why you need to check these sites daily if you hope to "nab" one at a decent price)
Real decent shape from the looks of it. New seat cover $100, repaint the skis,bit of minor hood repair, hood and tunnel stripe kit ($200) and cleanup (and maybe an airbox or at least pod filters) and there you go. TX'n for <$1000
http://saskatchewan.kijiji.ca/c-car...e-is-a-1979-Polaris-tx-440-W0QQAdIdZ351267476

Good Luck!

Last edited:

jpow

Reaction score
I have a 1975 colt 250 , ive had since new.. still starts second pull check it out its on snm classifieds.

Burns

Reaction score
Thanks for the leads. The 440 in sask is gone - started my search a little late for that one.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WopOnTour

Reaction score
Ya, a 1000 bucks for that one is wayyyyy out to lunch! Where do people dream up their prices? :confused:
Well, that is for TWO TXs of course (a 76 and a 77)
The 77 actually looks not too bad (but seized) These seats are ALWAYS bad.
So as a package not totally out to lunch IMO. Lot's of work though.
I'd be more interested in the sled in between these two. Looks to be either an earlier Polaris or perhaps even a Starfire (based on the hood)
WOT

justpinit

Reaction score
Here is one that's in the local kelowna classifieds.

sa38no6rtf4un977tfkkutggs5_1.jpg

Top Bottom