Best place to buy avalanche gear??

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for a place to get avy gear that's isn't outrageously priced. Also wondering whats the best valued brand for best technology. Looking for shovel, beacon, backpack kit. Thanks in advance!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MEC has tons of stuff, all sorts of different brands. They are generally very well priced as well. I like A.S.S (Avalanche Safety Solutions) in Golden, as well.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know everyone hates on it, but it's easy and readily available. I support the local shops for things where I need more expertise and information, hence why I go to A.S.S, for things like transceivers and avi packs.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A.S.S. in Golden are great to deal with. Wait for the show in Edmonton and they may have some deals on.
MEC requires a membership and it's one of the worst places to get in and out of here in Calgary from a parking perspective. They are committed to promoting self-propelled outdoor activities and because of this I think having a membership provides them with another number to add to their voice which may not align with the sledding community.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anywhere but Mountain Equipment Coop. A portion of the money you spend there will be used by environmental groups trying to stop you from riding and shutting down access for motorized users!!!!!!!

I like there stuff but do my best to no support them for that reason!!!!!!!

See here ;

1% of all sales goes to environmental causes. In a nutshell trying to shut down my fun and my livelyhood.

Last edited:

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up two ABS backpacks for $1200 last year at the sled show, was a real good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here's a great site local calgary owned and operated...... great for outerwear and avy gear,, he does mostly ski and boards tho but has great stock!!!

some of the best avy gear on the market.....

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowpulse airbag packs are $1100?? Is that average, cheap or expensive?

Slim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the best deals on what you are looking for can be at the Edmonton Sled Show.

Thanks you're probably right. Best to wait and buy the whole 9 there.

lewishillbilly

Reaction score
Bought 2 snow pulse bags and 2 beacons @ MMS in Golden...very knowledgable staff and great service ! I try to spend where I sled.

Top Bottom