Best place to buy a garage heater?

Mtn-guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the best place to buy a garage heater (good deal,good service). I am still not sure if I want the radiant tube or a regular yet.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a bunch come out and quote two years ago and I went with the folks at Weathermakers...they installed a Lennox hanging unit...did a great job and it performs exactly as I expected.

Was it a radiant tube? How much was it? I'm thinking about putting another one in my shop because the one isn't enough when it's 30 below.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 60K BTU Reznor forced air furnace in my 26x28 with 10' walls. Could have easily been 45K BTU. Just under $1800 installed. Works great.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 45000 btu Superior Radiant Products tube in my 26 x 26 garage 5 years ago and have not touched it since. I bought it from a gas fitter here in Whitecourt for just over $1000 and installed it myself. Very easy install - ran the gas line, piping, and did pressure test myslef and just had him do the tie-in & start up. He told me that SRP is the only brand to buy and so far I am very happy with it. Call Qualitec Distributors in Edmonton at 466-6611 for a quote.

Toeknee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen Princess Auto have garage heaters advertised both Propane and natural gas forced air roof mount.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another brand to look out for is Reznor. We use them at work and they keep the warehouse comfortable. They do forced air units and radiant tube units.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it a radiant tube? How much was it? I'm thinking about putting another one in my shop because the one isn't enough when it's 30 below.

I bought a 75,000 btu Reznor forced air from Midwest here in Rimbey for $1000. It cost me another $150 for the thermostat and exhaust. I mounted it myself, along with the gas line and electrical. Works awesome. It is a little loud when the fan first kicks in, and it runs quite a bit when it is 30 below, but it's very cost efficient. Super quick recovery when the overhead door opens.

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought 2 raiant tube heaters for my 40x60x14 shop from a fellow in Edmonton. His company name is A.I.Heating, runs it out of his home. Very knowledgable, he spent about an hour on the phone with me and answered every question I had, and even some I didn't know about:). His name is Hans, and his number is 780-466-5566.

randster

Reaction score
You still looking for a garage heater mtn-guy, lol ,I see you posted on this topic last fall.
I installed a 45,000 btu tube type in my 22x19 garage last fall. It is made by Mr. heater. I became sold on radiant heat after asking a lot of questions.
The main advantage of radiant heaters is the lack of air blowing the dust around in your garage. Disadvantage is you need minimum over head clearance, I believe mine said 7 ft. from floor. I have 9ft. ceiling so I made the requirements. I also heard stories of peeling the paint on vehicals. I had no issues with that either. The only down side of mine is when the burner starts on mine it is noisy and the heat deflector around the tube vibrates at times until it warms up. Maybe thats why I got a such a good deal on mine.(slightly damaged in shipping) I'm told they retail around 1400.00. Other wise I love it, I can bring the garage from 0 to 20 c in about 20 mins.
My 2 cents

Top Bottom