best place in canada for online aftermarket parts

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just going through my kids 2 yz 85s to get them ready to race for this season does anyone know of any good online parts place in Canada?

so far I have found Blackfoot direct and gnarlyparts.

thanks Bruce

79TXL

Reaction score
I was told about recreation supply in Saskatoon from someone on here. Ordered from them twice, wicked service. Two huge boxes of parts to my door in Edmonton in 2 days, for $13.50. That was a couple days before Christmas. Great people to deal with. Check out their website.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I deal with royal distributing and gnarlyparts, royal has better pricing but gnarly has better selection and is closer.

heyhey

Reaction score
I would say go with gnarly parts or go into royal distributing.If you don't care if it's in the states rockymountain has a huge selection.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Motosport.com has been good to deal with. They out of Washington state so delivery time is pretty good. Prices are low too but it's only worth it if you plan to buy a few hundred dollars worth since you have to pay the $60 customs fee.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know it is not Canadian but i ordered the wet clutch and rebuild parts for a buddies 700 grizz out of Babbits online. even with the crazy freekin shipping charge of 250.00 bucks i was still ahead of the game by over 1000 bucks at the end of the build. and all were genuine Yamaha parts.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For bike parts I always seem to fair better at Blackfoot for my Kawi parts. Most times I need seals, gaskets, other small items and to pay shipping on those I simply pay the extra few bucks locally. Sometimes I get a small deal on other items which is nice when rebuilding a top end or something. Makes me want to go back to the parts counter rather than order online, plus if I somehow order the wrong thing, I can usually return it with no issues.

Royal I found you have to find out if they have the items in stock for sure as sometimes I have had separate deliveries show up on same orders. I haven't ever dealt with gnarly parts but they seem to be well known about.

I have purchased sled parts through Rec supply. No issues, great service.

I have even picked up bundles of 10 oil filters on ebay, in the end saved about $2.50 a filter by the time I paid shipping, no big savings. Somethings you can find deals on, some are better just to support your local shop with.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mx1 Canada in bc is also good to deal with
Any of the Canadian online shops at least try and compete with the prices in the USA
unlike most of the local dealers who don't seem to care that even after shipping and duty (only ship USPS)
You can buy stuff in the states for 30-50 percent cheaper

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought shocks for my razor progressive 425s canadian price 399.oo jc motors and dennis kirk 258.00 prices are crazy in canada

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bikebandit.com great layouts for OEM parts and aftermarket... good for non mechanical guy like myself... can't get any easier...

Its in the states though!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 for rockymountainmc. Got a big order comin soon, but ive got inlaws that go twice a year and bring back my orders so i save that much more. Sayin that i ride with a guy that does an order or two a year straight to canada and he says he saves a good 20-25% with all fees included over buying locally

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just did a big overhaul of my 300xc. decided id try both GnarlyParts and Rockymountain. Oh man was RockyMountain awesome. got stuff for way cheaper (even with the shipping costs. No joke!). Gnarley parts on the other hand, oh boy do those guys need to get their Chit togather.

I had 3 major issues with Gnarly.

1. called with an order to get availability on what parts i needed. A week later ( I got a list of pricing, NOT parts availability. Of course i know much mush everything costs, i looked it all up on the website. When I called them that day saying "Hey man, i didnt need the prices, I needed parts availabilty", they told me "Oh yeah, we've got everything"

2. Thought oh well, ill go ahead and order a few parts anyways. A week after ordering, still see nothing in the mail. so i call them and they say, "Oh, 2 parts were on back order so we didnt ship anything yet" REALLY????? By this time i had already gotten my 3 big boxes from Utah.

3. After finally getting my first bunch of parts from Gnarly, Im still waiting on the last 2 parts that were on back order.

I asked why i wasnt told about parts being on back order, and why my shipment wasnt sent and the only excuse i was given was that they were busy. Not good enough. I will never buy from them again. My hard earned money will be going to the states, because of terrible customer service.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that leaves a bad taste. very poor customer service. don't blame u.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just did a big overhaul of my 300xc. decided id try both GnarlyParts and Rockymountain. Oh man was RockyMountain awesome. got stuff for way cheaper (even with the shipping costs. No joke!). Gnarley parts on the other hand, oh boy do those guys need to get their Chit togather.

I had 3 major issues with Gnarly.

1. called with an order to get availability on what parts i needed. A week later ( I got a list of pricing, NOT parts availability. Of course i know much mush everything costs, i looked it all up on the website. When I called them that day saying "Hey man, i didnt need the prices, I needed parts availabilty", they told me "Oh yeah, we've got everything"

2. Thought oh well, ill go ahead and order a few parts anyways. A week after ordering, still see nothing in the mail. so i call them and they say, "Oh, 2 parts were on back order so we didnt ship anything yet" REALLY????? By this time i had already gotten my 3 big boxes from Utah.

3. After finally getting my first bunch of parts from Gnarly, Im still waiting on the last 2 parts that were on back order.

I asked why i wasnt told about parts being on back order, and why my shipment wasnt sent and the only excuse i was given was that they were busy. Not good enough. I will never buy from them again. My hard earned money will be going to the states, because of terrible customer service.
I went through the exact same backorder BS with them too.

First I was called about a week after everything was supposed to have shipped and told the skid plate was on back order so I chose a different one that still wasn't in stock but was going to come sooner so they shipped the rest of the order and I had to wait on the skid plate. All in all not a huge deal but the part that pissed me off was the fact I had to babysit them over the whole deal.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went through the exact same backorder BS with them too.

First I was called about a week after everything was supposed to have shipped and told the skid plate was on back order so I chose a different one that still wasn't in stock but was going to come sooner so they shipped the rest of the order and I had to wait on the skid plate. All in all not a huge deal but the part that pissed me off was the fact I had to babysit them over the whole deal.

I now know to stay away from them!

I just wanted to mentioned I recently dealt with Steahly Offroad for a lighting coil for my bike. Great service, fair shipping rates and good follow up customer service. And I had another order come in from Rocky Mountain so that I have all my motion pro gear to do my own shock service, tools were less than $50 and now I can service my own seals and bushings.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky Mountain is the best they ship fast and call you if there are any issues. Can't believe how quick we get stuff and no issues with broker fees etc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just bought shocks for my razor progressive 425s canadian price 399.oo jc motors and dennis kirk 258.00 prices are crazy in canada

I use to think the same thing until the deliver guy shows up at my door and wants 100 cash for UPS Broker fees! Makes ordering in canada a lot closer in price...

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ship usps and you won't have an issue

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom