Best Pipe for 04 Summitx800

Doo Dude

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I'm looking to pipe my 04 Summitx800, the only engine mod I have is a Can. the rest of the sled is stock. If I pipe this, is there any jetting required as it has a DPM. Looking for some advice, I've been sledding for a few years, but haven't really thought of modding the engine, but since most of my buddies are starting to get extra HP, I need to keep up. Any Hp Mods suggestions would be awesome...RIDE 'TIL IT HURTS!

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend a dynoport single pipe.. All's you have to do is install pipe and will fit to almost any can, and no jetting required.. The dpm compensates for everything, also a set of V_FORCE reeds work well. Also have you check your carb boots lately as the 04-05 rev's had a bad problem of the carb boots delaminating, so if they are in poor condition i'd say just buy a set of v-force as they come with carb boots and then your done.. Noticeable difference and wont require much set-up or tinkerin.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a crankshop and the v-force on mine and really like it. No jetting.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a 2004 800x done lots of mods , single dyna port pipe , very little difference , crisper on the bottom end , team roller secondary , nice shifting , polaris primary with hi tec cover nice combo , easy on belts , 162 21/2 track , ported engine , not bad , removed oil injection , very nice used to smoke really bad , cleaned it up really nice , simmon ski's , no more darting , biggest difference has been my mountain magic skid , loose a little ride but does this thing ever stay on the snow , your xp buddys will be trying to keep up to you , also stock unit with just a can should be jetted down 2 jet sizes , start with one and check just to be safe

Doo Dude

Reaction score
Awesome..thanks for the advice. I checked the carb boots are look fine, but I'm going to put in the V Force reeds anyway. My Buddy has the Dynoport pipe on his 05 Summit and he has said he hasn't noticed much of a difference, but he is a pretty big guy 6'6 270lbs. How much Hp do the pipes give you and should there be a noticeable difference in torque? I don't know anyone who has the Crankshop pipes, so I can't compare with my sledding buddies, so I'm going to rely on the feedback from the forum...Which are the best for the money?

Doo Dude

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, my buddy has a Dyna pipe on his 05 Summit X 800 and he said he didn't feel much of a difference. He is a large man, 6'6, 270lbs, but he says he wished he went with the CrankShop, but I don't know anyone riding the Crankshop, so we couldn't compare. I 'll rely on the feedback from you guys. Is there a signifcant difference in performance between the two?

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twins make a little more HP but it's not much. You would be better with the Dyno Port. I have a shop and sell lots of Dyno Ports. They are hard to get this year, though, all us dealers are still waiting for them. V-Force reeds are good but the Boyesen Rad Valve is abit better. That being said it's also alittle more money. Good luck with your mods.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The twins make a little more HP but it's not much. You would be better with the Dyno Port. I have a shop and sell lots of Dyno Ports. They are hard to get this year, though, all us dealers are still waiting for them. V-Force reeds are good but the Boyesen Rad Valve is abit better. That being said it's also alittle more money. Good luck with your mods.

Just curious if you have tested the boyesen rad valve in a sled? I kmow that they work good in bikes and quads, but havn't seeen boyesen work well in a sled yet. that was why i was just wondering if they started to get something figured out now.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was told that the v-force work better because they are a stiffer reed. Powderchowder has the dyno port pipe and can on an 06 and i have a crank shop with an MBRP can, totaly different sounds. both have a sweeeet tune!!

Doo Dude

Reaction score
Thanks guys...Not going to buy a bigger sled, I can throw this one around pretty good and don't want anymore weight, plus I heard the 1000's are not reliable. Sounds like the Dyno is the way to go with the V Force reeds....Your feedback has been awesome!!! Going to Blue River on Dec 17th to the 20th. Hopefully I'll have my mods on by then..:beer:

Doo Dude

Reaction score
How much are you selling the Dyno pipe for, might be better to buy from you than from up here in Edmonton?

Top Bottom