Best Muff Pot Location

Squiggy

Reaction score
Not having much luck getting good heat transfer to a muff pot I got for Christmas. Have a '14 SummitX 800 with stock pipe and MBRP race can. Any suggestions for best location on this?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the guys I ride with have it on the upper elbow, right above the sensor. Outside of the can doesn't get hot enough.
if you have it on the top elbow, you can also build a heat sink from aluminum foil to transfer more heat if needed.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No access to the y-pipe, best to modify the hood panel like mur190 suggested.

I know specialty sleds was making the mod.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a search, I have pics on another thread on what I did.. It won't sear a steak, but gets it hotter than you can hold.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think it would be easier to sell the old pipe and get "the Thing" cooker pot from The Sled Shed in Revy. All problems solved and easy peasy access. Too easy as I have tried the under hood concept. Never go back. google them.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2062.jpg IMG_2063.jpg IMG_2065.jpg

Shermanator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did exactly what CUSO did except I cut out a little more of the aluminum shielding on the pipe, so that the muff pot sits a little bit further up. Leave the bottom aluminum shielding on, just cut a portion of the top off. I also put some heat tape on the coolant bottle to reflect any extra heat although I haven't had any problem. I did have it on the "elbow" part of the muffler before but this new spot is 3 times as hot and its level! Sherm

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is on the elbow into the can. Get's plenty hot, even cooked up some prime rib yesterday! Gotta be hard on the flipper to get the heat in.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why cut/slash/bend/twist this or that and waste time ? The Thing cooker pot has done all the work for you. Maybe get a rock and kinda make it oval and ya get a tire. Might work, dunno. The Sled Shed has already done this and I can attest, It does work ! Not trying to be pushy, but a simple solution. Save your time and energy and problem solved. Just do it and feed your friends. Don

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please stay on topic.

Why cut/slash/bend/twist this or that and waste time ? The Thing cooker pot has done all the work for you. Maybe get a rock and kinda make it oval and ya get a tire. Might work, dunno. The Sled Shed has already done this and I can attest, It does work ! Not trying to be pushy, but a simple solution. Save your time and energy and problem solved. Just do it and feed your friends. Don

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a thing cooker that I haven't used, got it ceramic coated and never got around to putting it on. If anyone is interested I would be willing to sell it cause it doesn't look like it will work with my 850. Pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom