best mod for more hp

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 xp 800 and im wondering what the best mod is to get more hp and how much its gonna run me?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just priced out an 860 big bore since I gotta due a top end. They told me only 6 more horses. I found that kind of weak for the work and the cost.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO, clutching will give you the most "seat of the pants dyno" bang for your buck.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
noz is only good for when your on the button.. id have to say clutch and gearing.. unless you want good power.. then your spending money. 5g will get you somethign like what 10 15hp..

Jeepindg

Reaction score
I was talking to a XP guy last year in the hot tub ---(Nothing gay at all---- Besides the ski-doo Lol) Anyways he was doing lots of reserch into hoppping up the 800, and he claimed the 860 kit was the way to go, He claimed almost the same power as a turbo but zero turbo lag, and not just seconds of nitro fun.

just second hand information, But that is the way Id go personly.

Last edited:

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree monster stickers and slednecks stickers are you best bang for your buck!But it you want good HP sell the doo and buy a cat!!

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably your best bet is to trade it in on a Polaris.
Just sayin

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a RK head and piston kit into my 09 800 and it rips pretty god now! Its about a grand for the kit. And also I put a DJ clutch kit and Boysen Rage cage into it to and thats about $800.

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For real tho I herd lots of good aboutthat piston kit and head for the doos. I would imagine with a set of pipes this set up would be very well rounded.

"Whats the differance between Rotax and Kotex?....... They are both for pu$$ies!!"

Herd that somewhere had to throw it in! HAHAHA

Top Bottom